Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pxq99
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad T450s Defective [Pictures]

I had a bad experience with the hinge on an ideapad so the first thing I did when I got the T450s was check the hinge area. One thing I noticed is that on my laptop, the area to the left of the left hinge is slightly separated from the screen area itself (i.e. separation between the metal part the hinge attaches to and the black plastic-y material making up the upper screen. This issue doesn't exist to the right of the right hinge. I have attached pictures, they are not the highest quality but should illustrate the flaw.

If you are a thinkpad t450s owner, take a look at these areas (to the right of the right hinge and to the left of the left hinge) and let me know if you see separation/differences between the two.

I don't mind this visually because it is hard to spot, but I am concerned with whether it may develop into a larger problem in the future. I have the option to return this for a refund and the laptop is under warranty.

Will this get worse and do you have a similar issue on your thinkpad?

Here you can see the separation to the left of the left hinge: 

Link to image 1

No separation to the right of the right hinge:

Link to image 2

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors