Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayaz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 208
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad T460 - Windows 10 - Laptop enabling AIRPLANE mode on its own

While working the Bluetooth mouse stopped responding, and when i checked i then noticed that the wifi was also disabled.  Further analysis showed the airplane mode was greyed out and that it could not be switched ON.

No updates were done prior to this issue (Since its a corporate laptop, Windows updates are controlled and pushed).   No changes were done to the BIOS settings.

The function key for wireless on the top will not disable airplane mode (has no impact pressing this button once the issues comes up). 

After i restart the PC a few times the Wi-Fi (and bluetooth) works n (again on assurance, you have to keep restarting until it works), but then gets disabled once more after about 30-45mins or less (There is a no set pattern or time for this). 

I am running the latest BIOS, and have also updated to the most recent driver updates. 

Any assistances would be useful to help sort this problem out. 

AirplaneMode-disabled.jpgAirplaneMode-disabled2.jpgWifidevices missing.jpg

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 167
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T460 - Windows 10 - Laptop enabling AIRPLANE mode on its own

Your screenshot shows airplane mode OFF and greyed out (e.g. can't be enabled).  This happens when there are no wireless devices, which your other screenshot shows.  I've never seen this problem, but I was able to force it to happen by disabling all of my wireless devices in Device Manager.  Next time you see this problem, check if your wireless devices are present in Device Manager.  For example, you should have a bluetooth device in the "Bluetooth" category, and a Intel wireless device in the "Network adapters" category.

rayaz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 154
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T460 - Windows 10 - Laptop enabling AIRPLANE mode on its own

When the issue comes up all WIRELESS devices cease to work (Wi-FI, Bluetooth, etc). I read another forum of a similar issue, and the solution proposed had been to disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".  I tried this and was able to last a day without the issue but next day the issue resurfaced. 

Based on this i believe the issue clearly is software related, the most recent update that happend on tihs device was the BIOS update that happened about a 2 weeks back. 

I have to keep restarting my laptop to make sure Wi-Fi works.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors