cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Domdemarco
Paper Tape
Views: 6,325
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad T460s upgrading GPU? Can you upgrade th graphics card?

Hello I just purchased the T460s with all the lovely specs and I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the Video card at all? I don't thing the Intel 520 could handle my light gaming but it would be nice to know that I have a chance to upgrade it if I need to. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,304
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad T460s upgrading GPU? Can you upgrade th graphics card?

It isn't a card that can be swapped.  It is in a chip soldered to the motherboard.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Domdemarco
Paper Tape
Views: 6,281
Message 3 of 6

Oh man, what a shame! I love the computers build and I'm a bit of a light gamer too. I was under the impression that the Laptop was upgradable so I definitely made a mistake.

whats the return policy on this thing if I wanted to get a workstation with an upgrade able card?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,276
Message 4 of 6

By workstation, I assume you mean desktop.  Almost all laptops and mobile workstations have the GPU soldered to the motherboard.  Some can support eGPU but they can be cumbersome and are not "mainstream".

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Domdemarco
Paper Tape
Views: 6,272
Message 5 of 6

Oh I don't mind a diy project. If it's possible I'm definitely up for the challenge. Have you seen any Egpu cards Tha work with the T460s? I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet but I'll check it out once I pop the hood 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,269
Message 6 of 6

"pop the hood"  - there is no place to expand inside.  Machines that can take that kind of device tend to be bigger and heavier

Rich

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors