08-28-2019

US

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad T470 No power or charge

2019-08-28, 16:48 PM

I bought a Lenovo T470 a couple years back with Win 10 for school and its been working great with absolutley no problems. Then last night i get home from work and go on to do school work and a message pops up saying battery not charging. It has the icon showing it recognizes that the charger is plugged in. Also the light on the lenovo logo is blinking 3 times red and repeating. When i unplug the charger it stops blinking. So I thought it was the charger, got out my multimeter and check it and it reads normal on both sides of the charger. Then I thought i needed a new battery but it wont even stay powered on with the power cord plugged in. So now it is dead and even with the charger plugged in will not turn on. Not even the power button light will illuminate. This laptop has been great to me and this happened out of the blue im hoping there is a way to fix this problem. And I also tried taking battery, unplugging it, hold power button for a reset. Nothing changed. Anybody have any ideas? 

Options

2 Posts

08-28-2019

US

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad T470 No power or charge

2019-09-10, 23:14 PM

Ok im back. I had to take it somewhere. Issue was the motherboard. It has been replaced but now on to the next problem. I am the 1st and only owner of this machine. Apparently from factory the bit locker was turned on. And i did not set it up or even new about it until he needed the recovery key. We go to my microsoft account and try to recover my key under my device and it says no key has been assigned to this device. It shows bitlocker is on and im the only owner. So how is this possible? Is there a way around it? or am I screwed and have to erase it all? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save