cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipodtrip1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,394
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad T470S Windows 10 bitlocker keeps asking for Recovery key everytime it bootups up

I have a Thinkpad T470s Windows 10 pro 64bit

I enabled bit locker a month ago everything was fine.

Now last week everytime I boot up my Laptop, Windows 10 keeps asking for the Recovery key. 

I typed it in suspended bit locker. Shut down then turned it on but still keeps asking for the key.

There is no new hardware on the laptop and has the latest bios.

TPM 2.0 is enabled.

Boot priority is ATA HDD0 SSD drvie

USB HDD

NUME0

USB CD

In the bios under SATA drive is set to UEFI/Legacy Support for both -UEFI and Legacy.

As a test I tried setting to UEFI only and Legacy one but Bitlocker still keeps asking for the Key during the bootup.

For now I turned off bit locker until as solution could be found.

If anyone has a solution would really apperiate the help.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 7,391
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad T470S Windows 10 bitlocker keeps asking for Recovery key everytime it bootups up

Good day and welcome to the community.

If you haven't seen it already, have a look at this long-ish thread on the same issue on an x270 (same generation as your machine: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X270-Bitlocker-requests-recovery-key-every-ti...

Hope it has some clues for you.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

MSpit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,351
Message 3 of 4

Re: Thinkpad T470S Windows 10 bitlocker keeps asking for Recovery key everytime it bootups up

I had a similar problem before, with some extra problems for me. But I fixed it. Maybe you can do something with the information I found:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T470-can-t-disable-bitlocker/td-p/380231...

Long story short, I used the Powershell BitLocker commands from https://technet.microsoft.com/library/jj649829(v=wps.620).aspx .

LenovoT470
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,071
Message 4 of 4

I own Thinkpad T470 20HD model....a few days ago i send my latop to Lenovo Depot for repairs and received it back on 11/12/2018.  When I turn lapton on it prompts to BitLock Recovery Key screen which I never had and never activated....Lenovo made some hardware changes and blames now on Micrososft latest windows updates...bottom line I now have no access to my data which I really need it.   I am asking someone atLenovo to reach out to Microsft and find a solution.  Please We need our data to be available

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors