Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffCa
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad T470s Star and Scissors Keys Stopped Working

I have my keyboard set in Lenovo Vantage to load a website when I press the F12/Star key.  It was working for the entire time I've had my computer, but stopped about 2 weeks ago.  Also, today I tried to use the Fn+PrtSc/Scissors key to take a screenshot, and that is not working anymore either.  It could have been one of the recent Lenovo updates, but I'm not sure.  Does anybody know how to turn these keys back on or to figure out what is causing them to not work anymore?  Thanks!

Guru
Views: 249
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad T470s Star and Scissors Keys Stopped Working

Did you update power management driver recently?  That is casuing FN key and OSD problems.  Solution is to roll back the power management driver.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Latest-Power-Management-Driver-Conflicts...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

JeffCa
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 3 of 6

The Power Management driver had been updated last month.  I went into Control Panel, Device Manager, System, Lenovo PM, and deleted that.  After restart, the keys work again!  Thanks!

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 230
Message 4 of 6

Delete or ROLL back the driver?  You still need the driver for power management.  By the way thanks for coming back to mark "solved"

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

JeffCa
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 5 of 6

Rolling it back and restarting didn't fix the problem, so I deleted it.  After restart, it's automatically back in the device manager and the computer is working, so I'm happy.

Guru
Views: 212
Message 6 of 6

Ah ok.   Thats good then.  Glad it worked out.  I noticed Lenovo removed the bad driver from Vantage and the website.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors