Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil93
Paper Tape
Views: 388
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad T480 and Intel dual band wireless ac8265 issues

Hello everyone!

I recently got myself my first thinkpad, a t480! I love the machine so far and i didnt not have any issues until the last few days!

All out of a sudden my wifi is completely unusable and im becoming desperate since i have tried out various attempts to fix it, but none worked!

What happens, is that the wifi just keeps disconnecting permanently. It keeps the connection for maybe 1 or 2 minutes, then disconnects and after a few seconds, reconnects to the wifi again! It is literally unusable like that and i cant return the laptop to the manufacturer since im using it for my university and have a lot of important programms and data on it, i need it daily.

Here is a small list of what i have tried so far:

-reinstalled the drivers for the device

-optimize the power settings

-forbid windows to turn off the device to safe power

-tried various drivers

I could not come up with more solution attempts to that issue. Right now i am even thinking about just buying a new WiFi card for the Laptop (is it swapable in a t480? or is it integrated?)

If you need further information to help investigate the issue please let me know!!!

I hope there is another way to resolve that issue!

Looking forwards to your help Smiley Happy

Phil

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 370
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad T480 and Intel dual band wireless ac8265 issues

Hi

Try to disable the adapter' power saving feature in Device Manager

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

JimBobMC
Token Ring
Views: 347
Message 3 of 4

You might check here for a newer version of the driver:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

I have found that the right-click from device manager is sometimes not up to date ...

(an example being the WiFi driver on a Lenovo Ideapad just earlier this morning .... ;-/

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an ”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a Kudo
~~
Some years back I worked for IBM, currently I do not work for,
nor do I speak for Lenovo or IBM.
Mohamed_Alnuaim
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 4 of 4

I was having similar issue but mine I would be able to connect but every like 20 minutes or so it shows that im connected to wifi but nothing would load up. I went to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and I realised I have vEthernet enabled too ( cuz I enabled Hyper-V ) and I was getting 2 connections one was Ethernet and the other was WiFi, I disabled the vEthernet and it seem to solve the problem.

Capture.PNG

if you have such similar thing, i'll keep on digging for solutions and i'll update you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors