Did you mean: 
Highlighted
clambda90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,280
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad T480 display too dark?

Hi,

today my new T480 arrived. And as I started it and set up the brightness to maximum I was a little bit disappointened. It is too dark?

My model is the 20L5000GE with WQHD display. (300 ntis??) 

I don't know if this is normal or what can I do? Do I have to use the drivers from the lenovo Hompage (I alrady did updated with windows 10 normal update)

Should I return it?

I really love this laptop.

It is so sad that such a perfect laptop or Lenovo in general does not have good display with high brightness?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,268
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad T480 display too dark?

"Too dark" is subjective.  I cannot comment without seeing the screen.  When I have an issue like yours, I prefer to physically take the machine a warranty servicer or dealer.  I can then turn the machine on and we can discuss it while we are both present.  If you return it, you don't have a good way to know if your screen is normal or defective.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
clambda90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,266
Message 3 of 8

I don't feel that this are the promised 300 ntis? I use an very old acer laptop with a relatively dimm display and if I compare this to the new thinkpad, the thinkpad is dimmer? Could this be a driver issue? Can you tell me what I can test or change before goiing to support?

How can I make you see the screen? ;-)

I read many test and I read everytime 300 ntis are a very high brighntess. But now as I see it, it doesn't feel very bright?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,250
Message 4 of 8

It could be the driver.  If you run the program "moninfo" (freeware), you can determine if you have the correct panel.  It should tell you the model name in the panel's configuration chip.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

clambda90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,245
Message 5 of 8

Could you specify how to use this tool? It says something about registry?Where do I have to look if I have the right driver?

For my acer it looks like:

Monitor
Windows description...... Generic PnP Monitor
Manufacturer............. AUO
Plug and Play ID......... AUO132C
Data string.............. B133XTN01.3
Serial number............ n/a
Manufacture date......... 2014, ISO week 0
Filter driver............ None
-------------------------
EDID revision............ 1.3
Input signal type........ Digital
Color bit depth.......... Undefined
Display type............. RGB color
Screen size.............. 290 x 160 mm (13,0 in)
Power management......... Not supported
Extension blocs.......... None

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,227
Message 6 of 8

I was looking for the model of the panel.  On the Acer, it is B133XTN01.3, but I cannot find a datasheet so I don't have more information on that one.  As far as the driver, I would install Lenovo Vantage (Microsoft store) and use that tool to install the latest drivers.

Rich

clambda90
Paper Tape
Views: 3,211
Message 7 of 8

So, what do you suggest? Should I return? Give it to diagnostics?

Is a WQHD actaully dimmer? Becauce my acer should have 220 ntis and as I said if I put the lenovo beside it, the WQHD display appears darker

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,189
Message 8 of 8

My suggestion is in my ffirst response:

"I prefer to physically take the machine a warranty servicer or dealer.  I can then turn the machine on and we can discuss it while we are both present.  If you return it, you don't have a good way to know if your screen is normal or defective."

Rich

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors