Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsp5
What's DOS?
Views: 1,783
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad T510: 1802: Unauthorized Network Card

I did some updates to my laptop, and am now getting 1802 Unauthorized Network Card. The wireless card has been in this machine and working, before the BIOS and wireless card updates. The internal card is a Model 622ANHMW

Intel Centrino-Advanced N-6200. The machine will not boot unless this card is removed. I did not purchase this latpop new, but am pretty sure that this is the original card...and like I said was working fine prior to updates. Any ideas to correct this issue?

Thanks...

Guru
Views: 1,749
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad T510: 1802: Unauthorized Network Card

Welcome to the forum!

Is there a FRU number on that card?

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,746
Message 3 of 5

I wonder if the previous owner was running a modified BIOS to get around the wifi white list? A BIOS update pulled in a Lenovo-stock BIOS with the white list reinstated.  Maybe.

[edit] Simul-post with the OP.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

hsp5
What's DOS?
Views: 1,745
Message 4 of 5

Thanks...for the welcome and the assistance. I have looked at the card and I do not see a FRU number on it, I guess I don't understand how it worked...until I did the BIOS and driver update. I did do the updates from the Lenovo site and it took them without an issue...until I rebooted the system. I have used this machine for 7 months without issue before doing the updates....am I going to be shopping for a new wifi card?

Guru
Views: 1,726
Message 5 of 5

Zoltan was right on the money here...

Your machine had a modded BIOS which removed the Lenovo's wireless card whitelist BUT was squashed with the official BIOS update...

So yes, you will be shopping for a wireless card. Make sure that it's compatible with the *10 generation and sports a FRU number.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors