Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-13-2016

Hungary

18 Signins

108 Page Views

• Views: 108
  • Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad T510 camera not present

2016-02-14, 10:14 AM

Recently I changed the original HDD to SSD in my ThinkPad T510 and installed the Windows 7 Pro os in Hungarian language. As I don't have the original driver CD, I downloaded all drivers from Lenovo Support home page, including Camera driver, ThinkVantage drivers and Power Managent driver. I installed camera driver too, apparently without error. Camera still missing from Device Manager, Fn + F6 shown only audio settings. Can anybody help me how to get the integrated camera working?

Options

70 Posts

02-05-2016

Bangalore

157 Signins

2134 Page Views

• Views: 2134
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad T510 camera not present

2016-02-18, 11:33 AM

Hi Kcsontos,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I understand that camera is not working in T510.

Please follow the below mentioned steps for the solution.y

1. Be sure your webcam driver is installed. (It can be found at Click here )

1. By checking the webcam if it is disabled by Fn+F6.
      If you see the cross line on the webcam sign press to Fn+F6 to enable the webcam.

1. If you do not see the webcam sign on the right corner of display after pressing Fn+F6, be sure your Energy Management is installed. (It can be found at click here )

1. After you download the power Management driver from Lenovo Website, install the software.
      During Power management installation if you see the window as below “Utility” must be selected for Fn hot-key application (Utility is a software package under EM)

1. After installation of Energy Management please perform step 2 to enable Webcam if it is disabled.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best Regards,

Poojitha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Options

3 Posts

02-13-2016

Hungary

18 Signins

108 Page Views

• Views: 108
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-02-18, 13:32 PM

Hi Poojitha,

Although the camera driver and the Energy Management was installed on th enotebook, I reinstalled both of them. Unfortunatelly the camera is still not in the Device Manager, and Skype also doesen't see any camera. Also there is no camera in Fn + F6 screen.

(I don't think that there would be any harware problem with the camera, because it was working with the original installation, it is not working with a new windows and driver installation, but according to Murphy's low, anything can happen!)

Options

70 Posts

02-05-2016

Bangalore

157 Signins

2134 Page Views

• Views: 2134
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-02-19, 6:32 AM

Hi Kcsontos,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

We are sorry to hear that your issue has not yet been fixed.

Please find the below link for the better understanding.

https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/documents/ht071255

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best Regards,

Poojitha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms