cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmsb
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 1 of 10

Thinkpad T530 Integrated Camera not working and I tried installing the driver twice

Hi.

I can't get the webcam to work. I got this laptop around mid June of this year. Tried to use the webcam for the first time today, Nothing. My device manager doesn't even list a camera. I tried to intall the driver (twice) to see if that would help, but as far as I can see, it's had exactly 0 effect. I downloaded the lenovo settings app, and it's not there, either. At least, I see no setting options for it. But this model of laptop supposedly has a webcam built in, and my model looks pretty much exactly like the others I see on google images, except for a circly light thing in the strip where the camera is supposed to be. I have no idea what the hardware/wiring should even look like so I can't help there.

I've been at this for hours. At this point I would just buy a webcam off Amazon or something if I could be sure that the laptop would actually register it.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 506
Message 2 of 10

Re: Thinkpad T530 Integrated Camera not working and I tried installing the driver twice

First, do you have a camera?  It was an option.  Then, is it turned off in the BIOS?  Look under security/I-O port access

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
bmsb
Paper Tape
Views: 499
Message 3 of 10

Re: Thinkpad T530 Integrated Camera not working and I tried installing the driver twice

I should have a camera. The laptop was supposed to come with one. By that I mean, I ordered a laptop that had it listed with the features. One thing I did stupidly forget to mention in the original post is that I bought refurbished.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the second thing, but I have gone control panel > privacy > made sure it was allowed. And I've looked through the security and maintenance section and I don't see anything about port access anywhere, nor cameras. just check boxes and categories like firewall, system, power maintenance etc. Obviously, I'm not very computer-savvy, however, so I'm probably missing something obvious
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 496
Message 4 of 10

you need to boot into the bios.  Go to the security tab.  Look under I-O port access.  See if the camera is enabled

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

bmsb
Paper Tape
Views: 476
Message 5 of 10

Ok, so i finally figured out what bios was/how to get to it. But theres no security option on the menu. Theres resume normal start up, enter bios setup utility, diagnose hardware (which i tried and immediately got lost), choose temp start up device, and enter management engine setup screen. Where in this mess is a security tab?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 453
Message 6 of 10

you are not in the bios.  When you see the menu you mention, hit F1.

Rich

bmsb
Paper Tape
Views: 393
Message 7 of 10

Hi, i know its been a while since i last posted. Im really sorry about that. But i finally did check the bios port thing and it said it was enabled (everything was enabled)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 388
Message 8 of 10

Back in your original post,, you said this "except for a circly light thing in the strip where the camera is supposed to be". Can you explain?  Can you add a picture?

Rich

bmsb
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 9 of 10

It looks like the attached photo, whereas the photos on google images show a circle shaped light, it looks like.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 370
Message 10 of 10

I cannot see the picture well enough.  If it has a camera, it will have a round clear plastic area in the top center if the LCD bezel

Rich

Top Kudoed Authors