cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewbieGamingYT
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad T540p Only Turns On Every Six Hours!? Need Help!

So about 2 weeks ago my step brother accidentally spilt soda on my Thinkpad T540p and it shut off immediately and didn't turn back on. I took the ram, the battery, and the SSD out immediately. I waited 48 hours it turned on black screen then shut off. Then I waited 12 hours turned on black screen. 12 more hours turned on stayed on until my cousin unplugged it. I waited 12 hours again same thing black screen then shuts off. 2 days later I take it apart and clean all the soda off of the internals. The I wait 3 days and it turns on stays on, I even took the battery out twice and A/C and it turned back on. Well, today I took the battery out and it won't turn back on. I don't want to wait 6-24 hours so I am posting here. I have already tried taking out the ram, battery and A/C and holding for 60 seconds no luck. I have also tried leaving the ram and SSD, and removing all power and holding power button for 60 seconds. No luck. Sending it to lenovo is my last resort so please leave suggestions that may help me to get it to turn on. 

** Sending To Lenovo Is Last Resort **

I need suggestions to help me turn in back on.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 84
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad T540p Only Turns On Every Six Hours!? Need Help!

Soda/coke is very acidic.

Do you have ADP warranty... accidental damage protection?

A call to the support center is needed.

NewbieGamingYT
Paper Tape
Views: 49
Message 3 of 4

I think it might be my CPU as I tested GTA V after 2 minutes of being loaded in it shut down and restarted... So, I am thinking of putting some thermal paste on it.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 42
Message 4 of 4

If you spilled soda on the computer, thermal paste isn't going to fix it.  If you bought ADP, call service.  If you didn't buy ADP, think about the concept of buying a replacement machine and whether you need to get ADP next time.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors