Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thanhacun
Paper Tape
Views: 1,475
Message 1 of 9

Thinkpad T540p cannot recognized wwan device

I had a thinkpad t540p model 20be004eus upgraded to windows 10. It seems that my laptop has wwan device (I can insert a sim card in the battery bay), however, I cannot get my laptop reconized the wwan. I already try these following:

- Check spec of my wwan device noted here which it turned out to be EM7355

- Downloaded EM7355 package from here.

- Install the software, but it only add Sierra location sensor

- Tried to add device manual and use source from the aboved download.

- Windows did add the device which error 10, I then can update the device to newest version.

- After that a network adaptor appeared on windows network, but always in disabled status (can NOT enable)

Do any body know how to deal with this problem?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,463
Message 2 of 9

Re: Thinkpad T540p cannot recognized wwan device

Hi

Are you sure laptop has the wwan card em7355 installed? Sim card reader presence doesn't mean laptop has built-in wwan card and even wwan antennas.

What's the laptop model code, MTM (Machine-Type-Model)?
Is there unknown device in the Device Manager?
What description does the device with error 10 have? The same question for network adapter.

Note, em7355 doesn't have drivers for win10. The only chance wodem could work is to use OS drivers for modem in the MBIM mode.

What's the network type (3G, LTE) and mobile broadband operator name are you trying to connect?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

thanhacun
Paper Tape
Views: 1,456
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for yor reply. It seems that I do not have the sim card installed as you mention but just the sim holder Smiley Sad

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,447
Message 4 of 9

Not the sim card, but wwan modem.
To be sure, what's the laptop' MTM?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

thanhacun
Paper Tape
Views: 1,444
Message 5 of 9

t540p model 20be004eus
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,441
Message 6 of 9

wwan modem isn't being preinstalled in this machine.

idland
What's DOS?
Views: 1,306
Message 7 of 9

What about model 20BFS1RF0S?

Massimo1968
What's DOS?
Views: 870
Message 8 of 9

Thinkpad T540p cannot recognized wwan device

HI All,

I have a Lenovo T540p including LTE WWLAN. It worked fine till last Windows 10 update on 2 june and firmware last update.

At this time EM4573 modem is only visible in Controller USB but not in LAN Cards. Checking for drivers system says they are nmot installed and there are no drivers available.

Please Lenovo can support me?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 858
Message 9 of 9

Hi, Massimo1968

Modem' model seems em7345.

What OS version/update has been installed before June 2?
Could you provide em7345 related virtual devices names and their IDs from Device Manager? Usually, if the drivers are installed, in Modems, Ports, Network Adapters categories, or as unknown devices in Other Devices category.
Regarding IDs:
- double click on the device, Details tab, Option list, Hardware ID. Copy entire string from the field Value and past here.

Regardding the drivers:
this modem is capable to work under wim8/10 with standard OS drivers in MBIM network mode, without manufacturer drivers installed. Anyway, the recent modem drivers for win10 and fw for em7345 are below:
http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-T...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors