Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LemonBY
Paper Tape
Views: 643
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad T580 battery 1 not charging and % of power drop by 1 % every day

Brand new laptop received several days ago. Battery 1 not charging when plugged in and started to drop 1% every day after the charge cable is off. Battery 2 has normal function. What should I do to fully charge Battery 1?

ShanP
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T580 battery 1 not charging and % of power drop by 1 % every day

Had the similar issue but after proper flushing oof drivers(reinstalling) that seems to have been fixed. Try the reinstalltion method properly and you might solve it too.

Regards,
Shan

Guru
Views: 610
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T580 battery 1 not charging and % of power drop by 1 % every day

Do you have charging threshold turned on?  If not what % is battery 1 at?  Normally it wont start charging until it hits 94-95%.  As to losing charge.  I have brought it up on a X1 Yoga 3 for 6 months and i have not gotten an answer I am happy with.  I have turned off Thunderbolt, fast start up and usb charging to get to 1% loss a day.  All my other thinkpads lose maybe 1% a week.  With them on I was losing about 3% a day.  Other than turning off the above mentioned items  there were no other solutions mentioned and no one responded so at this point I think they are considering it "normal".  I have called support.  I have gotten variuos answer of its normal to lets replace battery.  Since on 3 different X1 Yoga 3 I lose 1-7% a day I give up.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors