cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helioshimojo
What's DOS?
Views: 648
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad model T410 using external usb wireless keyboard problem (wrong type)

Hi,

I have a T410 lenovo thinkpad and I am using external keyboard for fast typing.

I tested two usb keyboard (one wireless and other not wireless) and both had the same problem:

when I press the right control button, it types slash "/" which is really annoying since I use this key a lot for shortcuts.

I´ve tried several combinations on keyboard layouts from regional options but unsuccessful. It is really not keyboard layout because every key is correct but right ctrl key.

Maybe because the laptop itself doesn´t have a right ctrl key.

Any ideas?

helioshimojo
What's DOS?
Views: 637
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad model T410 using external usb wireless keyboard problem (wrong type)

I also had tried to unistall the keyboard drivers, but unsuccesful too.

Please, help.

helioshimojo
What's DOS?
Views: 632
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad model T410 using external usb wireless keyboard problem (wrong type)

Partially solved.

I´ve downloaded an application called "SharpKeys". Then I found out that ctrl key and '/?'  key had the same physical address, so the O.S understand both as the same button (nightmare).

Anyway, I mapped the right ctrl key from my external keyboard to assume the right ctrl value, of course, then I logged off and logged on again and guess what, my right ctrl and '/?' key had assumed the right ctrl value.

For my surprise, I then deleted this mapping I did before and now my external keyboard works correctly but the '/?' key on the thinkpad keyboard now has the right ctrl value.

Now i keep this setting because on the thinkpad keyboard I can use the Alt Gr + W combination to do the question mark (?) and Alt Gr + Q combination to do the forward slash.

This is not the solution I expected but it works ok for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors