cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruwi_lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 856
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad t440p - How to change language of "Thinkvantage System Update" from japanese to english?

Goodday

Is is it possible to change the installed "Thinkvantage System Update" language from japanese to english?

Thank you! \m/

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 851
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad t440p - How to change language of "Thinkvantage System Update" from japanese

Reinstall it.

ruwi_lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 844
Message 3 of 8

Re: Thinkpad t440p - How to change language of "Thinkvantage System Update" from japanese

Still japanese.

btw my thinkpad is from japan.

just want the language to be english, pls helpjpsysupd.JPG

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 834
Message 4 of 8

Uninstall it in Control Panel.

Download the one from the US and install that one. 

ruwi_lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 821
Message 5 of 8

ill try.

thank you

ruwi_lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 805
Message 6 of 8

Still japanese Smiley Sad

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 791
Message 7 of 8

I think something regarding configuration is being left behind after you uninstall the existing version. I'd try this:

Uninstall Update in Control Panel again.
Restart the PC.

Then, go through the folders for SWTools, Program Files, Program Files (x86), and Program Data. Look for folders named "Lenovo", and subfolders relating to System Update. You're looking for stuff that was left behind from the uninstall. Delete those subfolders.

Note, deleting the stuff in Program Data will likely result in System Update, when you next run it, showing you all the stuff you've already seen and chosen to hide. The Repository folder there is the record of all the stuff that the program has searched for on the Lenovo download site. So you'll have to decide again on all the lists.

Once you've deleted the remnants, wouldn't hurt to restart again, and then go to the support page for the US and download System Update there. Run the executable, and hope that it asks you for language preference. See what happens.

Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm just winging it here with this. The steps above are what I'd do.

There could also be something left over in the Windows registry that isn't getting deleted, in which case you'd have to search for that, too, but who knows how it's designated. I don't.

Finally, you could always reinstall Windows and then load only those Lenovo apps you want. You can install System Update by itself--I do that--and not as a part of the whole suite of ThinkVantage tools and all that other stuff. I'm sure that a reinstall of Windows and apps manually would fix your issue, but that's a bit of work to do.
ruwi_lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 783
Message 8 of 8

Thank you so much

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors