Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex243
Blue Screen Again
Views: 803
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad t470 brightness keeps changing

I have disabled the adaptive display option on both my settings and the Intel graphics control panel, and yet my brightness still changes without my input. Any solutions?

drewkas
Paper Tape
Views: 401
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad t470 brightness keeps changing

I also have this problem and have disabled the feature in 3 different locations.  Have you found a solution?

petibonum
Paper Tape
Views: 324
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad t470 brightness keeps changing

Hi, anon

I had the same problem and fixed it by taking these steps (note, however, that my PC is in French, so the names of the settings may not be exactly the same; I tried to translate them as accurately as I could) :

> In your "Settings" window, go to "Power & sleep" (3rd option).

> Then, on the pannel to the right of the window, click on "More power settings". A new window will open with a list of the power options available.

> There, to the right of the power option you're using (personnally, I'm on "normal use"), click on "Modify the settings of the mode", then on "Modify the advanced power settings". A new window will open with a folder-type menu.

> There, click on "Intel(R) Graphics Settings", then on "Intel(R) Graphics Power Plan".

> Finally, change the option "Balenced" to "Maximum Performance" or "Maximum Battery Life" (depending on your preferences) for both "Plugged" and "Unplugged".

I hope it helped!

P.S. : I'm on a T470 running Windows 10.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors