Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jodagriffin
Paper Tape
Views: 692
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad t480 TB3 Software Trouble

Having some issues with my TB3 port on a new Thinkpad T480.

Currently running a Thinkpad T480 with updated Thunderbolt 3 15BF drivers (1.41.565.0), but unable to get my TB3 dock working with the computer. The dock was confirmed to be working on a 2018 Macbook Pro.

When trying to update the firmware for the thunderbolt 3 controller I am met with error: "0x208 SDK_Servive_Not_Found Thunderbolt service does not exist"

Furthermore, when trying to install the Thunderbolt Control Center software from the Windows 10 store, but the installation is effectively broken. This has been documented by at least one other reviewer on the Windows 10 store home page. Is there another link for this control center software?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 647
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad t480 TB3 Software Trouble

Hi jodagriffin, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

If you want to do the firmware upgrade you need to go back to the previous Thunderbolt drivers.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
jodagriffin
Paper Tape
Views: 639
Message 3 of 5

bananaman,

Thanks for the response. I was able to roll the drivers back to 17.4.78.21 and successfully install the firmware update. However, I am still having issues with the Thunderbolt software.

The software that came bundled with the 17.x drivers, when started, displays a message 'This software is no longer in use and can be safely uninstalled". When I try to download the software package from the MS store, I am met with error 0x803FB005.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks,

John

Highlighted
jodagriffin
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 4 of 5

Also, just a quick update: the Intel software is apparently not required to get the dock working. After rolling back to 17.x and updating the firmware my Plugable TB3 dock is no working as expected!
sl-2017abc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 568
Message 5 of 5

The software is not required but it is annoying to get the "application cannot run" window every time you boot up!  I had same problem.  Have latest firmware for the T480 with software version 17.4.78.500.  My TB dock works, but the messages are annoying and I have no access to the Thunderbolt Software for access policy nor can I download Thunderbolt Control Center.

What are we supposed to do, factory reset to ground zero and install drivers one by one?  Will Lenovo release updated software to fix this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors