Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
silver251
Paper Tape
Views: 7,768
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad t540p can't connect

Hi. I just got a new Thinkpad 540p but it can't consistently connect to my home wireless network. Since a day of getting it, it was able to connect on 3 separate occasions. One being the one during the initial set up which was fine. But after that it will resort to a limited access state after a few minutes as well as with the other instances that I was able to connect. The same thing happens if I try to restart it right away after connecting. It goes to limited access. If I disconnect and try to reconnect, it won't allow me to. It prompts me to a troubleshooting step which did not help at all. I've been trying all day and night to look up solutions but with no clear one that can help me.... Anyone have ideas?

This one runs on Windows 7 btw.... The wireless adapter is just a 2x2 11b/g/n wireless lan m.2 adapter... updated drivers and everything. Also, none of our other devices such as mobile phones and an HP desktop have problems connecting. All help will be appreciated... Crossing my fingers that I am able to understand your suggestions... Thanks again...

jja
Punch Card
Views: 7,734
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad t540p can't connect

A bit similar problem has been reported by our T540p-users also. They complain that the machine drops the wireless connection if you move from one room to another. Especially if the machine should change the wireless base station when the machine is moved from one part of the building to another. Seems to be a problem with the recent hardware or its drivers.

silver251
Paper Tape
Views: 7,728
Message 3 of 8

I see. Lenovo has no answer for this either. They only have hardware support. They could not help me knowing that my adapter is able to detect networks. I went to the mall and tried to connect to some public network but no go. I trying to see if this is a compatibility issue with my adapter or router (dlink dir-600) or something just to get an answer to this. Hopefully, there will be a solution.
silver251
Paper Tape
Views: 7,691
Message 4 of 8

Hi. This is still not solved. I am able to connect after putting it to sleep or hibernate. But even so, it will randomly go into Limited Access state at least once every 2 days. And it may do so more if I don't have enough power left. But my settings does not allow the device to turn off the wireless adapter and it is always in maximum performance under the power settings. I've had it plugged in most of the time but one time that I didn't and I let it get to just 65% power, it loses connection.

JPStinsman
What's DOS?
Views: 7,436
Message 5 of 8

Hey there,

Worked on this for a bit finally figured out a solution that worked for me.

Open Your Network and Sharing Center.

On the left click "Change Adapter Settings"

Right-Click your wireless adapter and select Properties.

In this menu click the "Configure..." button

Go to the Advance Tab

Change the WiFi Config from Performance to WiFi

This fixed the internet on this T540P.

After this Update all your drivers with the Lenovo "Update and Drivers" utility in the Thinkvantage Tools.

This should fix it for good.

silver251
Paper Tape
Views: 7,406
Message 6 of 8

Thank you so much. You are my savior. I actually already applied it days ago when I saw your reply but I wanted to see if it will be okay after a few days. So far so good. Thanks again.?
JPStinsman
What's DOS?
Views: 7,358
Message 7 of 8

You are welcome, I am glad i could help Smiley Happy
vikashj
Paper Tape
Views: 5,133
Message 8 of 8

I am having similiar issue with leneovo  L430, I amm nt oable to see the same setting in L430. My othher laptop (Sony) i detecting the WIFI proeprly. I am havign issue with only lenovo laptop. Can you please help. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors