Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knitler
Paper Tape
Views: 730
Message 11 of 16

Re: Thnkpad T460 Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

I've used multiple driver versions, but I'll ahve to confirm if that one is used or not. I know that the machine I have are not on the newest vresion when the issue started. How long has it worked on your test machine?

dzdhr
Punch Card
Views: 723
Message 12 of 16

Here is my story:

Both of these methods have worked for me:

(1). In "device manager"->"Network Adapters"->"Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260"->Roll back to 19.50.1.5

(2). In "device manager"->"Network Adapters"->"Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260"->Upgrade to the latest 19.70.0.100 and then download and install the bluetooth driver from here

Method (2) seems to be a more reliable way because the latest drivers are used. The bluetooth driver is still only applicable from Intel's website, but you cannot get it from Lenovo companion nor the "Search automatically for updated driver software" in device manager. And I guess the problem is possibly caused by the mismatch of driver versions between bluetooth and WIFI.

Let me know if this helps.

Knitler
Paper Tape
Views: 706
Message 13 of 16

How long have your test machine worked with this fix? I'll try it on a couple when I get in today.

dzdhr
Punch Card
Views: 702
Message 14 of 16

From the time I replied, It works till now. On both my P70 and X1 Carbon 4gen.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 557
Message 15 of 16

All,

for the T460 and X260 a new driver has been released which addresses a disconnection issue when WiFi is connected to a 2.4GHz network. If you have one of those systems please install the new driver and let us know if it resolves the issue for you.

https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/downloads/ds105906

Version 19.71.0.2 (R02BF15W)
•(New) Initial release for RS3
•(Fix) Fix BT Device Automatically Disconnects When WiFi Is Connected Via 2.4 GHz Frequency

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

david_mejia
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 533
Message 16 of 16

Hello Andy,

What a bad experience for users to wait more than a month for a: reply, acknowledge and fix from Levono. I had to get rid of my keyboard and got a new one. I have 2 Lenovo PC's and have recommend several friends to get Lenovo and this was a terrible experience! Is there a post about this update and what the root cause of the malfuction?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors