Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 4 (1,687 Views)

Trackpoint not working on t440

Hi 

I just got my new T440 today. After the automatic installation of win 7 the trackpoint did not work. Then i looked in the  control panal -> mouse -> thinkPad and saw that both the trackpoint touchpad were enabled. In order to fix the problem I downloaded the latest ultranav driver -> uninstalled the old version -> rebooted -> installed the new version - > rebooted, but it still does not work. As far as I can see all the functionality (the different gesture commands) of the touchpad is working so I guess the ultranav driver is correctly installed. 

Does any one have and idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 4 (1,680 Views)

Re: Trackpoint not working on t440

[ Edited ]

Just updated the bios with no luck. I also checked that the trackpoint is enabled in the bios.

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 4 (1,601 Views)

I found out the that cursor jumped around the screen when typing fast and hard on the keyboard this stopped after disabling the trackpoint in the mouse properties. So I guess there is some sort of contact with the trackpoint, but it still does not work. I have used the trackpoint on my other computers the last 10 years so this is much missed feature.
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)

i have had the same problem after only a couple of months of having my t440p. i've given up and can't use either trackpoint or trackpad. I have experienced the same thing, and it deteriorated over time. Now i just use an external mouse. I suspect this is a hardware issue with the trackpoint and trackpad both being routed to the smbios.

Top kudoed Authors