03-21-2013 09:25 AM
I really like using the Trackpoint to scroll.
But an increaing number of Web sites react to horizontal scrolling by jumping to other pages.
So, for example, if I'm reading down a page -- and if I need to use the Trackpoint to scroll down as I'm reading -- if I'm not perfectly vertical when I pull down on the Trackpoint, the Web site detects it as a horizontal scoll, and I get whisked off to another page.
I can't be the only person having this problem?
Is there some way to disable the Trackpoint from scrolling horizontally without disabling it from scrolling vertically?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-02-2014 03:22 AM
03-02-2014 07:41 AM
03-15-2014 11:35 AM - edited 03-15-2014 11:40 AM
Thanks, it works.
Here is how I did it for firefox browser:
1. Open C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\TP4table.dat with your favorite text editor (Run as Administrator mode might be needed for some Windows version).
2. Search for "firefox.exe" text
3. There is a line like this:
4. I changed the scrolling type to:
5. To see the effect immediately, using task manager or Process Explorer, kill this process:
or you can just reboot the Windows.
03-16-2014 09:08 AM