Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jac27
Punch Card
Views: 738
Message 1 of 3

Trouble connecting to internet (wireless) think pad

I have a lenovo thinkpad with windows 7  but was upgraded to Home windows 10. I am not sure which think pad i have. It is about 3 to 4 years old. I can not find the listing.  Anyway  I can not connect to the internet. I ran all the trouble shooting tests as well as windows defender and malwarebyte (All clear). Trouble shooter says invalid ip address configuration. I should have stayed with windows 7. My wireless is working fine.. I unplugged the router and plugged it back in.

I can connect to the internet with my Dell desktop, Samsung tablet , android phone and kindle. No problems

How can i solve this problem?  Think pad might be the 450 T series or something. 

Jac

Calby
Punch Card
Views: 659
Message 2 of 3

Re: Trouble connecting to internet (wireless) think pad

Try to download the newest drivers, update all of your drivers trough Lenovos webbpage.
You can search on your serialno so you 'll get the right drivers.

You can find the serialno under the laptop
jac27
Punch Card
Views: 648
Message 3 of 3

Re: Trouble connecting to internet (wireless) think pad

My nephew finally found the solution and my thinkpad is now connecting to the internet. I was told to open command prmpt (administrator) holding down windows key +x, then type netsh winsock reset, the netsh int ip reset then restart . After I did that i was able to connect to internet.

My wifi was working . Problem was not connecting to the internet.   HE seemed to think the problem might have been with one of the updates.  Who knows.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors