Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnndev
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,228
Message 1 of 6

Two-Finger scrolling choppy at best

I have a new T410 with UltraNav touch pad that does not always scroll and when it does its very choppy.

- I have "Enabled Two-Finger scrolling" checked

- Driver provider: Synaptics

- Driver date: 4/22/2010

- Driver version: 15.0.18.0

I am using windows 7 64bit.

My wife has a macbook pro with two-finger scrolling that works flawlessly.

Anyone else seen this problem or can point me in the right direction?

Peoples-2
Punch Card
Views: 2,196
Message 2 of 6

Re: Two-Finger scrolling choppy at best

Put two fingers down on the touch pad then after a moment scroll down. You can't begin scrolling with two fingers right away. You must first "place" them on the touch pad, then drag them down. (This is the way my touch pad works.)

awjc11
Punch Card
Views: 2,185
Message 3 of 6

I thought I was the only one with two finger scrolling issues with my laptop too.  I have a T510 and I can't seem to get it to scroll down nicely.  Sometimes it would work and sometimes it doesn't work.  I have no problem scrolling up though.  My wife has a sony CW series laptop and I have tried two finger scrolling on her laptop and I have no problem scrollling up or down.  I was wondering if it is just me or is it the thinkpad?  At least now I know I am not the only person with issues with the thinkpad scrolling.

dnndev
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,165
Message 4 of 6

Even when I try Peoples-2 suggestion it does not work all the time.

Lenovo obviously has a way to go for th scrolling to work properly or my touchpad is broken.  Its a feature I was really looking forward to after using it on a macbook pro that worked flawlessly -> you do not even have to think about it, it just worked.

rsannie
Punch Card
Views: 2,120
Message 5 of 6

2 finger scrolling with my touchpad works nicely with firefox, internet explorer and safari. 

Google chrome however doesnt scroll as nice (it's very sensitive) and currently would require "extensions".  This is true for most windows applications.  So the effect you're looking for might be windows/software specific, not lenovo.

dnndev
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,105
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the info - Its seems to act the same on my machine not matter what application I use, internet explorer, firefox etc....

The center button under the TrackPoint works well for scrolling in all applications.  Shouldn't the touch pad two finger scroll work the same?

At times it seems to confuse the two finger scroll with zoom which in itself produces some frustration.  It would be interesting to know if this marketed feature works on any Lenovo for all applications?  Seems to me if the trackpoint center scroll works for all apps then the two finger scroll should work as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors