cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antipin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,241
Message 1 of 4

Two batteries naming issue ("Battery 0, Battery 1" instead of "Battery1, Battery 2")

Hi guys. I have a T470 and after the latest Windows update I encountered a battery naming issue. Before the update batteries had proper order and were named accordingly: battery 1, battery 2, no surprises here. But after the update I noticed the order has changed to battery 0, battery 1 (attached pic below) Yeah yeah, I understand arrays start at zero but what is that? I was just wondering is it just me or you guys have the same situation going on with your batteries? Is there a way to change the order back to "normal"?

battery_issue.JPG.

Vlad_Koldobskiy
Punch Card
Views: 2,184
Message 2 of 4

Re: Two batteries naming issue ("Battery 0, Battery 1" instead of "Battery1, Battery

I have this on my laptop too, on Win10 build 1709. Not sure what is the cause - probably Microsoft screwed up the battery enumeration logic.

antipin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,121
Message 3 of 4

Re: Two batteries naming issue ("Battery 0, Battery 1" instead of "Battery1, Battery

Unfortunately the issue still presents after the current Cumulative update (11/30/17).

drakbarshahid
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,040
Message 4 of 4

I also have same issue on top of the main issue of "slow charging" by main battery. I also updated the windows 10 day before and after windows update, battery naming changed to battery 0 and battery 1. Image attached.Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors