Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peterrabbit33
Paper Tape
Views: 2,009
Message 1 of 4

Ultra Dock+T450s+External Monitor Not Working

Hello,

I recently bought the Ultra Dock 90 for my T450s.  I have one external monitor currently connected through the dock.  When I push the power button on the docking station (laptop lid closed) to turn on the computer, the computer turns on, but the external monitor does not engage.  When I lift the laptop lid, there is no image on the laptop screen either.  The laptop is on, but does not respond to any key stokes on the actual laptop.  I then have to do a hard reboot using the power button on the laptop.

If I initially power the laptop by lifting the lid and hitting the laptop power button, the compter boots and my external screen works.  I can then close the laptop lid and everything is fine.

I know the power button on the dock should power the computer and external monitor on.  I am guessing there is a simple solution to resolve this, but I am not a computer person and need help.

One thing to note - when I lift the lid after trying to power the laptop through the dock, I see that the Function Green Light is illuminated.  Not sure if this information is helpful in determining the problem.

Please help!

Peterrabbit33

Jeffro80
Paper Tape
Views: 1,942
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ultra Dock+T450s+External Monitor Not Working

I have the same issue with my x250 connected to the Ultra Dock. If I restart the laptop it also will not boot. Starting the laptop using the button in it will allow it to boot. I am running three external monitors - 1 VGA, 1 DVI and one HDMI.
radiowhiz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,862
Message 3 of 4

Were you able to get this resolved ?

I have a similar setup - T450s runnings Windows 10 with Ultra Dock Pro (90W) and an external HDMI connected 28" LCD monitor (Dell).   

When docked (and lid closed), I can't reboot my machine.   Display goes into power save mode and when I lift the lid the display is blank and Fn key is green.   I then have to hold the power button on the T450s for about 5s to shut the machine off.   

If I close the lid and hit the power button the dock, I get the same result as above.  If I, instead keep the lid open and hit the power button while continuing to be docked, it boots up fine.

I have removed all connections to the dock except DC power and HDMI to the monitor and still no difference.

The dock firmware is up-to-date.  

This is very frustrating and it greatly erodes the benefit of this (over-priced) dock in the first place.  Lenovo can you not solve this issue !!???

Jeffro80
Paper Tape
Views: 1,856
Message 4 of 4

No I have not been able to have it fixed. I just have to always open the lid to restart the laptop, and often lose one monitor when the laptop awakens from sleep. I have to unlplug the monitor from the docking station and the plug it back in. Very frustrating given I paid a lot of money for what should be quite simple.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors