Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joltman
Paper Tape
Views: 6,960
Message 1 of 31

UltraDock for T440s + DP1.2 Monitors

I have 3 Dell U2414H monitors that support DisplayPort 1.2 daisy chaining.  I purchased the T440s with docking station.  The laptop arrived before the dock.  It has Windows 8.1 Pro x64 running.  I setup the monitors to daisy chain off of the T440s miniDP port.  I got exactly as I should.  3 separate monitors.  I could maximize windows inside a monitor and they'd maximize to their monitor.  I could drag windows between monitors.  Everything is working.

When the dock came in (today) I left the monitors daisy chained.  I did change out one cable (that I know is working) so that the DP input would attach to the dock's DP output.  I am not getting a picture on the monitors.  If I use just one monitor, and turn off DP1.2 (in the monitor's menu), I get a picture on one monitor.  Do these docks not support daisy chaining?  I've verified that I'm on FW 2.17 for the dock.  I also want to submit a support ticket with Lenovo, I just don't know how to do that yet.  Thanks!

MacAddict
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,893
Message 2 of 31

Re: UltraDock for T440s + DP1.2 Monitors

I'm seeing the same issue, same monitors. If I plug in the DP cable directly to the laptop and it works fine. If I go through the dock, it doesn't work.

I'm using Win7

joltman
Paper Tape
Views: 6,886
Message 3 of 31

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.  I contacted Lenovo regarding this issue.  The "tech" on the phone gave me 2 different answers.  Both answers involved sending me a new docking station.  I received it last week, and set it up today.  Still no joy.  This is not surprising.  I couldn't even get the dock to see _any_ monitor on the 2 DPs.

So, my choices are to continue the way I am (mDP out of laptop to 1st monitor in the chain), or to hook each monitor up individually to the dock (DP, DP, HDMI).  I'm not sure what I'll do yet.  I'm also having issues with the monitors even being recognized on boot of the laptop.  Sometimes, I have to un/plug them in just to get the laptop to see them.  This however, appears to be an issue with this model Dell monitor and DP 1.2 MST Daisy Chaining and has several threads open on the Dell forums.

MacAddict
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,883
Message 4 of 31

Not sure if you have seen this: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=HT081248

My dock had the same firmware, updated it anyway, but still didn't work.

joltman
Paper Tape
Views: 6,881
Message 5 of 31

All docks after a certain time (Jan/Feb?) will have 2.17 FW installed.  It fixed the monitor sleep issue, but I have a feeling that the DP hub in the docking station isn't DP 1.2 aware.  That's kind of bogus considering it's a brand new dock for a brand new set of laptops that run Haswell and with their integrated graphics, support DP 1.2.

MacAddict
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,871
Message 6 of 31

joltman
Paper Tape
Views: 6,867
Message 7 of 31

Interesting.  The dock pictured looks nothing like my dock.  Mine has the DVI, VGA, DP, HDMI, DP.  What PN is yours?  Mine is:

40A20090US

MacAddict
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,863
Message 8 of 31

We are getting the Pro Dock: 40A10090US

Looks like you are getting the Ultra Dock: http://support.lenovo.com/de_DE/product-and-parts/detail.page?&DocID=PD028011

joltman
Paper Tape
Views: 6,852
Message 9 of 31

Yeah, it's the UltraDock 90W.  And the documentation says 1.2, but it's obviously not fully compatible.

MacAddict
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,821
Message 10 of 31

BTW, I have a Thinkpad T440p and the same issue.

Top Kudoed Authors