Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vos
What's DOS?
Views: 5,315
Message 1 of 23

Ultrabay HDD eject message when waking from sleep

System Info: T510, Win7 x64, Intel SSD + extra HDD in Ultrabay. CheckPoint HDD encryption on both drives.

Each time my laptop wakes up from sleep, I get this message: "Problem ejecting < ultrabay HDD>, The device is currently in use ..."

Can someone help me get rid of this message every time I wake my computer from sleep?

Thanks

JDay
Broadband 3G
Views: 5,206
Message 2 of 23

Re: Ultrabay HDD eject message when waking from sleep

That's happening because Windows is accessing a file on that drive when the laptop goes to sleep. To solve this you just need to make sure that you aren't accessing anything on that drive before putting the system to sleep.

msdowdie
Punch Card
Views: 5,150
Message 3 of 23

I'm having the same problem now that I am using a hard drive in the Ultrabay.  I'm running Win 7 on a T510.

JDay, your answer explains why Windows is unable to eject.  But the real problem is that it shouldn't be _trying_ to eject the drive in the first place.  On my previous 3 T series ThinkPads, there was never any indication that they tried to eject a hard drive in the Ultrabay on sleep / standby.

fredhdx
SCSI Port
Views: 5,104
Message 4 of 23

I am having the same problem with my T510 even when I put DVD-RW in the Ultra-bay.Also once I insert an HDD into the ultrabay I get this message too when I try to unmount it in Windows. I am pretty sure I don't have any problems accessing it at the time.

I guess it's some incompatiblibility b/n ultrabay driver and the windows.

nutbar
What's DOS?
Views: 5,003
Message 5 of 23

I'm having the same problem with my T510.  I have the OEM Lenovo Ultrabay HDD adapter.  When it wakes from sleep, it ejects (or tries to eject) the ultrabay drive.  If the drive is not in use, the eject succeeds.  Then I have to pop the ultrabay out and pop it back in again so PnP will add it back. 

Is there any fix for this yet?

Johnson_4_1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,840
Message 6 of 23

I'm having the same problem.  Have a 2nd hd on the ultrabay.  

The only solution I found so far was to place a paging file on the ultrabay drive.  At least the drive does not turn off without any way to get it back on besides rebooting the system. 

But, oddly enough the performance is suffering, instead of improuving since windows swap is running on a different drive.  Win 7 does not let me turn off it's swap off the C:/ drive.  Go figure?!?

Could not find any options on the power managment of either windows or lenovo to prevent it powering off.

RealLive
What's DOS?
Views: 4,679
Message 7 of 23

I'm having the same problem in a t420 with win7 64. Any updates?

I see there's some new drivers and bios updates available on the lenovo site. Anyone tried any of these?

Guru
Views: 4,673
Message 8 of 23

Do you have write catching disabled on the Ultrabay? 

X1 Carbon 3rd Gen Type 20BT i7-5500U, 2560x1440 (non-touch), Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, Intel 7625 WiFi, BT 4.0 | ThinkVision P24q-10 monitor

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number, and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.
ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,670
Message 9 of 23

Do you have Intel RST installed?  The latest version is at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20624

mrgpsman
Paper Tape
Views: 4,544
Message 10 of 23

Same issue with my W520. I have a SSD as the main drive and a HDD in the Ultrabay. I have Nothing on the HDD, therefore there is no reason that the OS should be accessing it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors