cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dobbydobbs
Punch Card
Views: 1,062
Message 1 of 7

Unable to download recovery USB from DDRS (stuck at 99% - need L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ please...)

Hello, I have been trying unsuccessfully for four days to create a recovery USB using the DDRS and the Lenovo USB Recovery Creator application. I have downloaded 12GB of files and the progress bar shows that it is at 99%. However, it does not progress beyond that.

I was trying to find a Lenovo support channel, chat or something to resolve the problem but it would seem that this forum is as good as it gets.

What can I do to make this work? Please don't suggest I trash it and download another 12GB. Some of us have to pay for bandwidth.

I have looked at the downloaded files and I suspect that the only thing I am missing is a file called "L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ" which is missing but, in its place is a 0-byte file called "L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ​.ddtmp". Perhaps I could just get that file from somewhere ?

The reason I believe this is because I tried to write the USB but it stopped with an error after formatting the USB. The error text was "Recovery file L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ does not exist in the same location as the META file". I looked at the downloaded files and discovered a 0-byte file called "L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ​.ddtmp".

I then discovered that writing the USB works if I rename "L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ​.ddtmp" to "L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ". However, validation of the USB failes, which is hardly surprising. Would somebody at Lenovo be able to send me that file "L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ" directly please ?

It all fees overly complicated to me. I wish I could just download an ISO or image file.

I already have a recovery USB made from Win10 using the recovery tool, I also have a vanilla W10 ISO. I wanted the Lenovo USB so that I also had any additions/customisations made by Lenovo for my ThinkPad model.

Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,018
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to download recovery USB from DDRS (stuck at 99% - need L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ please...)

I put L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ in my OneDrive.  It is ~100MB.  I have no idea if this will solve your problem, but I guess it is worth a try.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhc1v9B_w2hFj_xllWw

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,017
Message 3 of 7

Re: Unable to download recovery USB from DDRS (stuck at 99% - need L6ABCQ14A1.IMZ please...)

By the way, I personally don't use preloads except for my work purpose.  If I set up a ThinkPad for my personal use, I install Win10 from Microsoft's ISO, and get Lenovo-specific updates from System Update.

dobbydobbs
Punch Card
Views: 1,005
Message 4 of 7

Thank you @someotherguy for posting the file. I downloaded it, put it into the recovery directory and re-ran the recovery creator. It immediately went to 100% and I proceeded to write and verify the USB stick. So I now have my recovery USB. Thank you.

On your last post you mention that you just use Microsoft's ISO. I have that also and it's 3.5G so more-or-less 1/3 the size of the recovery. I am just curious what I would miss by using the ISO rather than the recovery USB. 

When you say you get the Lenovo-specific updates from System Update, would that effectively download the other 8-or-so Gb ?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 998
Message 5 of 7

The 3.5GB Microsoft ISO doesn't contain any drivers except for a basic WiFi or ethernet driver to get you online.  The rest of the base system drivers will come from Windows Update and/or System Update.  The preload also contains a trial version of MS Office and Lenovo Vantage, but neither of these things are required for a successful Windows 10 installation.  And you can download/install these things yourself if you want.  So between drivers, MS Office, and Lenovo Vantage, I believe this is most of the 8-or-so GB that you mentioned.

gubdenec
What's DOS?
Views: 830
Message 6 of 7

thanks

MAXSMITH1
What's DOS?
Views: 565
Message 7 of 7

Hello ,
I know that the problem was solved by downloading that file ...
but just incase anyone came accross an issue like this ,

it can be solved by exiting the Lenovo recovery USB creator,
Deleting some items from the download folder ( default: C:\Downloads) , just delete something small like 2MB file..
run the Lenovo USB Recovery creator , and select the download folder ( the same folder) again from the browsing option
( I know it's goning to be the same) but select it manually ... then proceed with the download ..
and for me that helped me to move from the 99% to 100% and continue on creating my recovery drive...

cheers!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors