Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 13 (36,714 Views)

Uninstall Lenovo Service Bridge on my T420?

[ Edited ]

For updating my T420 in Lenovo support website, I installed the Lenovo Service Bridge. However, my security software detected it as a malware and deleted some files. Then every time the laptop starts, there will be a couple of pop-up windows (see lingks below), which is the same when I click the service bridge installation file. So I doubt that the service bridge is running somehow at the backstage.

http://i.imgur.com/EBHdq8c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P7t33ax.jpg

When I clicked the detail button, a log file came out.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.34209
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
	clr.dll 			: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
	dfdll.dll 			: 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
	dfshim.dll 			: 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: https://download.lenovo.com/lsb/LSB.application
						Server		: Apache

IDENTITIES
	Deployment Identity		: LSB.application, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=91a10ba61c75c82d, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
	* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* Activation of https://download.lenovo.com/lsb/LSB.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Activation failed.
		+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [2015/6/13 10:12:11] : Activation of https://download.lenovo.com/lsb/LSB.application has started.
	* [2015/6/13 10:12:12] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [2015/6/13 10:12:12] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
		- Activation failed.
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
		--- Inner Exception ---
		System.IO.FileNotFoundException
		- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	* Transaction at [2015/6/13 10:12:12]
		+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
			- HRESULT: 0x0
		+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
			- HRESULT: 0x0

I've already uninstall Lenovo Service Bridge in control panel but there are still pop-ups when I switched on the laptop. I tried both msconfig and startup keys in regedit, but couldn't find any clue referring to it.

How can I uninstall the Lenovo Service Bridge to avoid these annoying pop-ups?

Many thanks,

Qin

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 13 (36,267 Views)

eRe: Uninstall Lenovo Service Bridge on my T420?

Will any Lenovo support help me solve this issue?

Lenovo Staff
Message 3 of 13 (36,168 Views)

Re: Uninstall Lenovo Service Bridge on my T420?

[ Edited ]

Lenovo is aware of the issue and is working with Symantec to have Lenovo Service Bridge (LSB.exe) added to the white list.

UPDATE - Lenovo has released a support tip here to explain this, and is releasing an updated version of LSB today, 6/23/15 that should resolve these kinds of issues.  The support tip will be updated to reflect the new version in the next couple of days.

Thank you,

Topics: 428
Kudos: 1,600
Solutions: 348
Message 4 of 13 (36,048 Views)

All,

Further information on the newer version that should release today:

LSB should update to version 1.3.1.0 eventually.  However, it will ONLY auto-update if Symantec (or any other AV program) hasn’t quarantined it.  If it’s quarantined, it’s not running, and thus can’t check for and receive the version update.

If you have a quarantined version, you will need to uninstall, then come back to the support site and reinstall the new version.  If you haven’t been quarantined, and LSB is still functional, it will update automatically.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Highlighted
IK1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13 (33,158 Views)

Hi, I had same issue..solution is to go to Task Scheduler and click on Lenovo folder, there is a Lenovo Service Bridge folder and a scheduled task after user login...Just delete the task and this stupid LSB message will be gone.

It should have been included in the uninstaller tasks but it is not...Very sad from Lenovo

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 13 (32,940 Views)

IK1, thanks for posting that reply, it solved the same problem I was having - I was forced to install LSB in order to download a missing driver from the website after restoring from the restore partition, and just wanted to remove it. Since I installed it only two days ago, the current version is still a stinky.

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 13 (32,731 Views)

Many thanks, IK1. Your reply actually solves this problem. So far the annoying pop-out has never come out again since I followed your solution.
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 13 (32,193 Views)

The soluion by LK1 works instantly...or, you could spend 3 freaking hours banging your head against the wall first (like I did) and then use LK1's solution. 

Sloppy uninstall on the part of Lenovo...the user never creates the task and has no way of knowing that it needs to be deleted.  

Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 13 (29,948 Views)

[ Edited ]

IK1 wrote:

Hi, I had same issue..solution is to go to Task Scheduler and click on Lenovo folder, there is a Lenovo Service Bridge folder and a scheduled task after user login...Just delete the task and this stupid LSB message will be gone.

It should have been included in the uninstaller tasks but it is not...Very sad from Lenovo

Thank you very much for that - worked perfectly.

You would think that a Lenovo "customer service" agent at their support line could have provided that solution in about 30 seconds instead of taking several minutes to tell me that there was no support available for out-of-warrantee products, even though the issue was caused by faulty Lenovo software I had just installed. Beyond sad.

Caveat emptor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo Essentials B590 (20208), Windows 7 Professional SP1
I blog, therefore I am
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13 (26,950 Views)

excellent find. Windows 10 updater on 7 and 8 does the same thing, cleverly adding it's self as a task. 

Thank you 

Top kudoed Authors