Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nv_1794
Paper Tape
Views: 69
Message 1 of 2

Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)

Hello, 

I seem to be having an issue with my Thinkpad T470p. I've had it for about a year and a few months ago, all the 3 USB ports stopped working and so did the integrated camera. It would work at times and then stop working. For the past 2 weeks, everything has completely failed. So far I've done the following:

-I've reset the BIOS to default settings and still there is no change.

-The USB ports are enabled in BIOS settings as well. 

-Fast startup is diabled

-The autosuspend for USB devices has been disabled in the power settings as well

-All drivers have been updated using the Lenovo System Updates

-This is a fresh install of Windows 10 so there is no previous state that I can go back to. (It wasn't working when I was running Ubuntu either even with all the right drivers installed.)

-Troubleshooting cannot seem to find a fix for the error either

One weird thing though is that my WD Elemnts HDD works fine when plugged in to any of the USB ports but other than that nothing else works. 

Any and all help will be much appreciated. My warranty expired just before these issues started so I don't really think I can get it repaired by Lenovo services.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)

What other plug-in devices have you tried?  It is wierd that other plug-in devices fail.  Have you installed Lenovo Vantage to install Lenovo drivers?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors