Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enhua
Paper Tape
Views: 1,015
Message 1 of 2

Upgrade T570 to WIN 10: error 0xc0000225

Hi I recently bought a T570 with Win7 through downgrade rights from win10 as well. I also wanted to upgrade to Win10. I requested a USB drive for win10 upgrade. I also created a Win7 recovery drive as a backup. And I made sure that all applicable updates are installed prior to upgrade.

When I proceed with the recovery process according to the instruction that came with the USB drive, the computer entirely failed to upgrade. I tried both the win10 recovery usb drive and my win7 recovery drive.  Neither would work.  The laptop would not start.  Customer support told me that they will ship me a new USB drive of win10.  But I am not sure that will work-- given i've tried both win7 and win10 usb drives already. Thanks.

The error message was below:

winload.efi missing or corrupt: 

enhua
Paper Tape
Views: 935
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrade T570 to WIN 10: error 0xc0000225

Solved.  After receiving a new USB drive of win10 recovery media, the update to Win10 was successful.  With Win10, I was able to log in with microsoft account.  And that automatically activated my Office 2016.  One stone two birds.  

If I could make a suggestion to Lenovo.  Since these thinkpads are eligible for Win10, it will save a lot of time for the Lenovo technical support and for customers to ship all machines with win10.  I expect only a tiny minority of customers will prefer win7 over win10.  Short of that option, Lenovo could still ship win10 USB drives with each machine--do make sure these UBS drives are functional.  For a customer to be stuck with a machine that won't start for a couple of days, it will just encourage returns and discourage future customers.  For example, I had to give a poor review as i struggle with office activation and then with win10 upgrade for almost a month.  

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors