Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe10112
Paper Tape
Views: 4,081
Message 1 of 3

Upgrading Graphics Card on T400 Laptop?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to upgrade the Graphics Card on my T400 Laptop. I opened up Device Manager, went to Display Adapters, and it's a pretty weak (so I hear) Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. I would like to upgrade this, because of many different reasons. (One of which includes sometimes having my computer "black out" for a second, then say that some sort of display thing has failed but recovered, and images/videos loading slow, etc..., as well as the main problem of whenever I load something that is graphics heavy, whether it be some imaging assignment or a video game, I hear my computer working extra-hard and a "clicking" noise comes from my computer I think, and I feel like it's because my graphics card is not "good" enough, and I might as well upgrade it if possible).

So yeah, I was just wondering if it is possible to upgrade the Graphics Card on my T400 Lenovo Laptop, and where to buy a new one (if possible).

Thanks!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,075
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrading Graphics Card on T400 Laptop?

'evening.

there's no "graphics card", per se, in your machine. it's all surface-mount soldered to the planar. even in the case of models that feature switchable graphics, the discrete gpu is soldered (vs socketed) to the planar. so, there's no upgrading that way, sorry.

regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

ParadigmShift75
What's DOS?
Views: 634
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgrading Graphics Card on T400 Laptop?

So, if you cannot upgrade the graphics card on a T470, what suggestions would you give to speed up its capabilities? 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors