Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fugitive
Paper Tape
Views: 4,205
Message 1 of 17

Using in-built camera in T400

Hi Ppl

Can anyone tell me how to take pictures using the integrated webcam in T400.

Thanks

Magdoom

Retired Guru
Views: 4,193
Message 2 of 17

Re: Using in-built camera in T400

You can take a picture from any application that supports Twain importing.   I use an application called PMView, but any imaging app with twain support will do.  If you have all the apps which shipped with the computer installed the Roxio app will allow you to take stills and video.

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
Fugitive
Paper Tape
Views: 4,171
Message 3 of 17

Thanks. I tried taking photos using roxio but its saying "Fail to connect camera" when I was using media import.

Can anyone say why I am getting this error.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,152
Message 4 of 17

Does YAWCAM work for you?  Does the camera show up as functional w/a driver installed in device manager?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Retired Guru
Views: 4,139
Message 5 of 17

Have you installed the latest driver from Lenovo?

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
Fugitive
Paper Tape
Views: 4,128
Message 6 of 17

Camera is not displayed in the device manager. What should I do now ?

My system is up to date.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 4,111
Message 7 of 17

download yawcam and see what happens. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fugitive
Paper Tape
Views: 4,086
Message 8 of 17

I downloaded yawcam. I have a problem here also.  I chose detect webcam and it gave me the following options. Ip camera, Google camera adapter 0 & 1, none. When I chose Ip camera, it gave me an error message stating that it could not connect to device. I don't know if this is how it works.

What you guys think, I remember a few months back, my webcam got automatically activated when I got an video chat invite and it worked fine then. I don't know why its not working offline.

Fugitive
Paper Tape
Views: 4,042
Message 9 of 17

Guys plz reply. I bought Thinkpad beleiving that it would be the best business laptop available but it turns out that its one of the worst laptops I have ever used. Definitely not worth the money spent. Already I had a display problem within months of purchase now camera, I don't know where this is going to end.

Lenovo sucks ...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,038
Message 10 of 17

Does anything happen when you hit the Fn-F6 key combo simultaneously?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors