cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Guru
Views: 2,062
Message 11 of 17

Re: Using in-built camera in T400

I'm guessing the camera is either disabled (possible through bios) or the driver needs to be reinstalled.   I would check the bios first.  If this is a company owned laptop it may be they have their reasons for disabling the camera, if it is your personal laptop I would try reinstalling the driver, as well as making sure the TVSU and windows update have all the latest updates.  There is the possiblity of the camera module or cable comming disconnected if none of these other things work.  The camera is USB and has a custom cable attached to it which runs through with the video cable.   

What sort of display problem did you have?  It is possible that the cable was disconnected or even damaged during servicing.  I'm sorry to hear about your experience wth you T400, but these are generally very reliable laptops... there are always a few bad ones here and there just like with any brand.

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
Fugitive
Paper Tape
Views: 2,047
Message 12 of 17

Thanks. Mine is a personal laptop. I tried re-installing the camera driver but this is the error message I got

"The integrated Camera has not found! Please plug in the Integrated Camera and then run installation again"

Does this mean my camera is disconnected ?

Initially my display was flickering which was then fixed by Lenovo service center. I think those stupid ppl should have done something to my camera. You know I just can't keep sending my laptop to those guys again and again. I am really frustrated. Really pathetic service.

TheDude
802.11n
Views: 2,012
Message 13 of 17

It is diasabled someplace.  Look through the bios to see if it is disabled there.  Did the camera ever work for you?

T61p, T400
formerly x23, x40
1337Error
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,005
Message 14 of 17

There is a good possibilty that when you sent it back lenovo and they "tinkered" with your screen the camera cable got disconnected.

Cheers.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,995
Message 15 of 17

The camera is very easily disconnected, I would contact technical support. Make sure you mention if the camera was working before it was sent in for service.  Also, the fact that it was sent in for display problems..

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
rlweiner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,572
Message 16 of 17

In case this happens to anyone else...  I had the same problem on my T400s running Windows 7.  The integrated camera didn't show up when I pressed Fn+F6, it didn't show when I selected View Scanners and Cameras, and there were no options for enabling the camera in my (recently updated) BIOS settings.  I chedked Device Manager and found the camera listed as a USB device rather than an imaging device.  It also said it had no driver installed.  When I ran the driver update routine inDevice Manager it said I had the latest driver for my USB device.  I tried downloading the driver from Lenovo but running it gave me the error "the integrated camera has not found".

Finally, I uninstalled the "USB camera" using Device Manager, then had Device Manager scan for hardware changes.  That reinstalled the camera as an imaging device (with a driver this time) and all's well.

Robert

Robodasa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,271
Message 17 of 17

Greetings to all!
Integrated Camera it is possible Enable/Disable to make only from on Windows!
For this purpose it is necessary to download from a Lenovo site - Lenovo BIOS Setup using Windows Management Instrumentation Deployment Guide.
Here the link: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/crdeploy_en.pdf

Further it is necessary to download Sample Scripts for BIOS Deployment Guide.
Here the link :http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/script.zip

Further all to read or make so:
1) to Unpack script.zip on disk C:\
2) to Launch in a command line C:\SetConfig.vbs IntegratedCameraAccess Enable
3) After that to complete operation. The notebook to be ungeared.
4) to Include a supply. The notebook will start to be launched and ungeared almost at once.
All IntegratedCameraAccess Enable.
At following switching-on the notebook will start to be loaded further.

How to look IntegratedCameraAccess Enable or IntegratedCameraAccess Disable in Bios:
1) to Unpack script.zip on disk C:\
2) to Launch file C:\ListAll.vbs and to push OK some times, yet there will be no point IntegratedCameraAccess.

Excuse for the bad English!

To me IntegratedCameraAccess Enable - has not helped, (it and so was Enable).
Probably defect LCD Cable (((

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors