Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-08-2010

Seattle, WA, United States

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Using the Combined Audio Connector to Record Audio

2010-06-08, 18:51 PM

Hello,

I'd like to record some audio from a line-level source using my computer, but my ThinkPad T410 apparently doesn't have a microphone in jack (which is how I always did it before).

So I bought this adapter:

http://www.kvconnection.com/product-p/km-iphone-2trs.htm

iPhone 4 conductor TRRS male to headphone and microphone-in.

However, the adapter does not work. Even when I hook my source up to the microphone-in of that adapter, my laptop still records using the built-in microphone.

Did I buy the wrong adapter? Has anyone else had this problem? Is the problem maybe in software?

Thanks for any help!

Options

11 Posts

06-18-2010

USA

8 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Using the Combined Audio Connector to Record Audio

2010-06-18, 18:16 PM

Is the line you're connecting to the splitter a stereo or mono cable?  I had this same issue with the T410/T510 systems I sell to my customers (I'm a Lenovo Reseller) and had a custom cable like yours designed.  What I discovered is that if your microphone is stereo there was no problem, but if is a MONO cable you are connecting to the microphone splitter jack the only thing that happed was that the internal mic was enabled.

If thats the case just pickup a cheap 3.5mm stereo male to 3.5mm mono female adapter and put that between your "Y" adapter and the cable you are connecting. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms