Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dishandro
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 1 of 6

VERY DIM SCREEN ON T440S

i have a t440s and my screen is very dim i need to use a flashlight to see it, i checked the cables and all are connected there is a blue or orange one that isnt i thought that it was weird but i saw on a picture that its like that when i turn it on the lenovo logo comes on but very dim and windows is also very dim i hooked it up to the dock and ran a hdmi cable to it but that didnt work eighter i tested it with my other t440s and it did work when i connect the d-sub cable directly to my laptop it does work and the screen is just black with nothing on it. what can i do?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 218
Message 2 of 6

Re: VERY DIM SCREEN ON T440S

It is probably either a blown fuse on the motherboard or a failed magnetic sensor inside lhe lid

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
dishandro
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 3 of 6

i fixed the dock issue but the screen on my laptop itself is dark and i need to use a flashlight i was reading up on this issue and they said that it wasnt an issue with my screen, and i also replaced my screen thats when i got the problem

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 204
Message 4 of 6

If it happened when you replaced the screen, it could be either problem I described above.  If you didn't disconnect the internal battery, you could certainly blow a fuse, also, if you damaged something during the process.  The sensor is connected via a fragile cable.  I don't have a T440s to look at right now, but I believe the sensor is next to the camera.  There is a magnet in the base that triggers the sensor wwhen the lid is closed.  I look for the magnet by sliding a little screw around the palmrest until it snaps to the magnet.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
dishandro
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 5 of 6

i am pretty sure the magnet works because when i close the lid it goes in sleep mode, the screen is just really dark when i turn it on and i see the lenovo logo when i power it on and also see windows

SeniorGuru
Views: 196
Message 6 of 6

Then as 

owever, you could try to short the fuse with a bit of solder. This is a delicate procedure, but you have little to lose. One challenge is to locate the correct fuse. Typically it's near the connector to the LCD cable. You'll need a multimeter to confirm that the fuse is open (blown.) Google may provide more details.