03-24-2018 12:29 AM
i have a t440s and my screen is very dim i need to use a flashlight to see it, i checked the cables and all are connected there is a blue or orange one that isnt i thought that it was weird but i saw on a picture that its like that when i turn it on the lenovo logo comes on but very dim and windows is also very dim i hooked it up to the dock and ran a hdmi cable to it but that didnt work eighter i tested it with my other t440s and it did work when i connect the d-sub cable directly to my laptop it does work and the screen is just black with nothing on it. what can i do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-24-2018 11:39 PM
It is probably either a blown fuse on the motherboard or a failed magnetic sensor inside lhe lid
03-25-2018 04:23 AM
i fixed the dock issue but the screen on my laptop itself is dark and i need to use a flashlight i was reading up on this issue and they said that it wasnt an issue with my screen, and i also replaced my screen thats when i got the problem
03-25-2018 07:45 AM
If it happened when you replaced the screen, it could be either problem I described above. If you didn't disconnect the internal battery, you could certainly blow a fuse, also, if you damaged something during the process. The sensor is connected via a fragile cable. I don't have a T440s to look at right now, but I believe the sensor is next to the camera. There is a magnet in the base that triggers the sensor wwhen the lid is closed. I look for the magnet by sliding a little screw around the palmrest until it snaps to the magnet.
03-25-2018 07:54 AM
i am pretty sure the magnet works because when i close the lid it goes in sleep mode, the screen is just really dark when i turn it on and i see the lenovo logo when i power it on and also see windows
03-25-2018 08:58 AM
Then as richk suggested, it's probably a blown fuse.
That normally means a new motherboard. However, you could try to short the fuse with a bit of solder. This is a delicate procedure, but you have little to lose. One challenge is to locate the correct fuse. Typically it's near the connector to the LCD cable. You'll need a multimeter to confirm that the fuse is open (blown.) Google may provide more details.