Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taichibulldog
Paper Tape
Views: 661
Message 1 of 4

WARNING MESSAGE FOR SMART DRIVE TEST AND SMART SHORT TEST

DID THE HARDWARE SCAN ON OCT. 11, 2017 ND THEN AGAIN TODAY OCT. 13, 2017

TWO DIFFERENT RESULT CODES; 1ST. is W1UTHRTJV-ANPX76 on oct. 11. second final nresult code on oct. 13, 2017 is :

W1NQJZHW1-4LAHK8 .

Both tests had yellow exclamation warrning signs next to them. only differnce from today is that their was a computer message saying the test was taking longer than expected and it gave me the option to keep waiting or abort. i chose keep waiting. for the shrt test. after i did it finished with the warning quickly after. got the same message on the samrt drive test too. before i could choose keep waiting it finished on it's own giving trhe same warning alert = exclaamtion inside yelow circle.  

as you can see above two differnt fina result codes were generated. lof view both were listed as passed. 

the hard drive was recnetly replace by lenovo. the reason i did the hardware scan because prior to the computer rebooting i saew a flashmessage that was too fast to see what it was it stayed for less than a full second.

yesterday after shutting down computer the comter did a disc check for bad sectors.  this didn't make since to me because the hard drive was relplaced less than 90 days ago. computer has been treated like a baby since getting it back. i even brght a screen protector as well as a keyboard protector too. 

frankly I'm thinking the hard drive replacement was a used/refurbished hardrive and not a new one. makes no since to have this issue with a new hard drive imho.

the other reason i suspect that may be the case is because they want your hard drive back if they have to replace it while under warranty. since the computer is paid for the hard drive belongs to us and their is no mention of them having to get it back upon replacement under warranty until it happens. lenovo doesn't offer harddrive repair so why do they need our hard drive back unless they are refurbishing them for reuse without telling us this openly. when i inquired about why they woud need the hard drive back they had no answer. hmm 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 649
Message 2 of 4

Re: WARNING MESSAGE FOR SMART DRIVE TEST AND SMART SHORT TEST

As far as I know, any piece of electronic equipment with a warranty, contains a statement in the warranty saying that replacement parts may be new or remanufactured.  Any Lenovo product I have seen that was repaired with remanufactured used parts had an orange sticker on the part(s) saying "remanufactured used part".  I have found no difference between new ones and remanufactured ones.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
taichibulldog
Paper Tape
Views: 638
Message 3 of 4

THX for your reply. so i looked up the warranty info : https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/lsw/adp_sa_en_us_dec2012_apr2015.pdf

i saw no such disclosure of refurbished or new at all. just the standard repair or replace statement. also since they sent me back the hard drive i had it was obviously replaced with another and that was made clear on the repair estimate and work done envoice. 

What do you think about the actuall issue that i raised concerning the warning messages as listed ? i will be calling them tomorrow before this 90 day warranty runs out no matter what. all hardware tests and anaysis used t always come back with all tests = PASSED. this shoudn't be happening and i didn't do anything to cause it. I'm not a computer geel so i do not mess with any technical issues. my **bleep** repair cost me 535$ and change for this unit that was brought in 2013.

have you ever had the same issues and if so what was the outcome. 

thanks. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 623
Message 4 of 4

I have seen lots of status codes from SMART tests and I have never ever figured out what they mean.  My guess is that they mean nothing.  I tend to use a freeware program, "CrystalDiskInfo".  If that program thinks my disk is good, I believe it is.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors