Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack1973
Paper Tape
Views: 817
Message 1 of 5

WWAN Insert SIM

Hi, hope this is an easy one. Have a Thinkpad T470 and trying to enable 4G. I've installed a Seirra card with antenna (see below i device manager). When I switch on mobile in Windows I get 'insert SIM' on the connection. I've tried two different SIMs, one which is a Vodafone SIM that was in a ZTE mobile dongle and a new 3 data only SIM and get the same results.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.11.26_15h21m50s_001_.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 794
Message 2 of 5

Re: WWAN Insert SIM

Welcome to the Community

Check out the BIOS and modem firmware versions.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Jack1973
Paper Tape
Views: 763
Message 3 of 5

Hi, we bought two laptops and two WWAN cards at the same time. fitted the cards to both, ran all the bios and other updates on both using Lenovo companion. The other one works perfectly and mine doesnt. I've logged a call with Lenovo support for this as I wonder if there is a hardware fault. Unless there is anything else to check or try?

Jack1973
Paper Tape
Views: 732
Message 4 of 5

Despite logging the call a week ago with Lenovo technical support, I still havent had a response from Lenovo other than the replacement part is available (not sure what part they are planning to replace as no-one has connected on to take a look at anything), and that it's with a scheduling team to arrange a visit. Is Lenovo support normally this dreadful?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 729
Message 5 of 5

There are advices above without responses.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors