Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohyoo
Punch Card
Views: 1,636
Message 1 of 5

WXGA LED screen problem

I just got my new T500 yesterday ($1200+). To be honest, I am disappointed about the WXGA LED screen. There are at least 2 bad points on the screen, one is constantly red, another one is kind of green. Moreover , the color or maybe the contrast don't seem right at all. It's indeed very bright though.

The screen looks a bit unclear. I compared the display with my 5 year old HP, I feel it's even worse than that.

Except for the screenI, everything seems great. I do not find any serious flex problem about the keyboard. Is it possible that lenovo can replace my screen? 

T500: P9500, 3G memory, 160G 7200rpm HDD, 3650 ATI Radeon, WXGA LED screen, Vista 32

Message Edited by ohyoo on 06-05-2009 03:22 PM
ohyoo
Punch Card
Views: 1,563
Message 2 of 5

Bad pixels on T500 WXGA LED screen

I got my T500 3 days ago. At that time, I immediately found 2 bad pixels(or stuck pixels?) on the screen. It made me upset but I was still trying to live with it. Today, I find 2 more! I don't know whether they are bad pixels or stucks. If I take the snap shot by PrtSc, they are can not seen on the picture I get. Either way, I am very unhappy with it, and I have asked for return. 

After 4 phone calls to sales and technical support,  lenovo finally agreed to let me return it without 15% fees. By the way, one technician even doesn't know lenovo's own policy. He said there need to be at least 8 bad pixels to ask for a return. Of course I corrected him.

Actually I think the performance of the T500 is great, but I just can't live with suck a flawed screen. Here are some questions I want to ask you guys:

(1) What's the definition of lenovo's bad pixel ? The person on the phone said they will check the computer and then return me my money. Is there any chance that they will say that those pixels are just suck there and won't let me return it without a fee?

(2) Does this happen a lot? I am considering reorder a T400 or T500, but I am not sure whether the LED screens are all of low quality.

Thanks. 

Moderator Noted; edited to remove unnecessary empty space in post

Message Edited by andyP on 06-08-2009 09:14 PM
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,549
Message 3 of 5

Re: Bad pixels on T500 WXGA LED screen

You can find the Lenovo pixel policy here.

edit; wrong link

Message Edited by andyP on 06-08-2009 09:21 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

ohyoo
Punch Card
Views: 1,532
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for your reply.

The pocily says:

"if your LCD has 3 or more visible defective pixels, it will be deemed as defective by Lenovo and is replaceable upon request, if within the warranty period. "

However, when I called,  the sales person or the customer service person told me that lenovo does not have a replacement policy, and they can only allow me to return the laptop without fees. Did I get them wrong? 

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,526
Message 5 of 5

The tipp refers to replacing the screen only and not replacing a system, there may have been some misunderstanding.

You seem to have been able to persuade them to allow you to return your system, which isn't mentioned. Members from the USA will be more qualified to comment more exactly than I can on system return policy in the USA.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors