cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EUhrmacher
What's DOS?
Views: 1,455
Message 1 of 4

Want to change drive TVT_RNR (Y:) back to drive F and retrieve all original information

A Lenovo tech told me to rename my Drive F to Drive TVT_RNR (TSmiley Happy in order to back up my T500 to an external hard drive.

Now, all original information is missing. But ... is the original information still on the hard drive or erased?

Can you instruct me how to retrieve the original Drive F information?

A. I no longer need the Lenovo backup data;

B. I would like to have my drive back ... no more TVT_RNR (YSmiley Happy;

C. Drive shows 87GB free of 111GB.

What happened? Can you help? Thank you,

Eric Uhrmacher

ericuhrmacher@gmail.com

DEVONMAN
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,043
Message 2 of 4

Re: Want to change drive TVT_RNR (Y:) back to drive F and retrieve all original information

Hi - saw your posting.  No doubt you have solved the problem but I had exactly the same this week.  Using a  Buffalo HD externally and made the mistake of making it the back up boot drive.   Buffalo were extremely helpful responding within 24 hrs with how to rectify the problem.  So have my original settings back again!  Contact your HD supplier.

pleon
802.11n
Views: 1,020
Message 3 of 4

Re: Want to change drive TVT_RNR (Y:) back to drive F and retrieve all original information

Well, if you have Recovery Media, then this is not a problem, you can return back to original factory state of drive with all original partitions. I have deleted this backup partition as well and twice i have used Recovery Media to recover laptop completelky and it really recover all drives, including hidden partitions, so it's perfect.
----------------------------------------------------
Lenovo T440s, 20AQ0067MC, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T430s, 2356LQG, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 520 SSD 180 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T420s, 4171-6SG, Windows 8 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 320 SSD 120 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T400s, 2808-CYG, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
MMovonel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 480
Message 4 of 4

Please contact me....I have the same issue.

Should I delete the back-up before I run a recovery tool?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors