Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seattle0099
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 1 of 5

Want to upgrade windows 7 from 32 bit to 64 bit

hi

I purchased this TP T500 with pre-installed Win 7 Ultimate 32bit on lenovo australia website. Now, I want to upgrade my system to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Does anyone know how much I need to pay if I want to order 64 bit DVD from Australian Lenovo??

Thanks

CorkyG
802.11n
Views: 366
Message 2 of 5

Re: Want to upgrade windows 7 from 32 bit to 64 bit

It will require a clean reinstallation. Best cost woulld have been initially. No clue as to what prices are available down under. I upgraded my T510 from Home to Ultimate through my TechNet account.
mattthewskyle
What's DOS?
Views: 358
Message 3 of 5

You can usually find it for around $200 for a license of Ultimate. Don't think Lenovo would sell you a retail copy of it.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 352
Message 4 of 5

I don't know if Australian Lenovo will sell you the media.

Since you're already licensed for '7 utilmate, you should be able to install the 64 bit version (from whatever source) and activate with the key on the bottom of your machine.  You may need to call MS to activate.

For a possible download source see the link in this thread: Windows 7 "download"

[edit] Seattle?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 345
Message 5 of 5

about 64 dollars AUD.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals