Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pluto46
Paper Tape
Views: 595
Message 1 of 6

What's the left-hand tray for?

Silly question, I expect, but no manual accompanied the laptop (T400), which is second hand. Anyway, there's an ejectable latticed tray on the short side on the left with numerous places for things. But what things? Anybody know? It might be useful for expanding hard drive capacity for example...

Apart from the quick setup guide and instructions for professional technicians, there doesn't seem to be an ordinary user's guide for this Lenovo thinkpad. There's nothing on Lenovo,com's website - which is strange to say the least. There must be one somewhere, but where?

Pluto46

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 589
Message 2 of 6

Re: What's the left-hand tray for?

Hi

You are not right in regard of the manuals missed.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t40...

There is everything you need, in the "Product & Parts" and "User Guides" sections.

That port should be multifunctional card reader slot. The types of cards supported depend on the laptop model (MTM).

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Pluto46
Paper Tape
Views: 575
Message 3 of 6

... and I didn't even think of looking at the products and parts bit.

Pluto46
Paper Tape
Views: 564
Message 4 of 6

I replied earlier, but it doesn't seem to have made it to the message board. Anyway, just to repeat, thanks for the info. I did in fact look in the user manual part of the relevant site on Lenovo.com, but thought that since the file was an executable (.exe), it couldn't be a user manual. I was simply expecting a pdf file. Never mind, I'll download it later.

Pluto46

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 558
Message 5 of 6

There isn't your post/reply neither in the posts removed/deleted archive nor in the spam quarantine.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Pluto46
Paper Tape
Views: 552
Message 6 of 6

...probably clicked cancel instead of post.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors