cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amast
Blue Screen Again
Views: 107
Message 1 of 3

Which Thinkpad T series laptops would be best equipped to handle two external monitors?

I currently have a T430 which is an absolute beast and solid as a rock. However, it is a nightmare for external monitors. I have a Lenovo LEN LS2223wC monitor and Lenovo LT1952p monitor that I would like to use as external monitors. Both monitors run on HD 4000. I run Windows 10 operating system.

I don't need the newest model. Just something solid and dependable. If it has the option of eventually doing three monitors that would just be icing on the cake (but not required).

Does anyone have any ideas for laptops that might fit these specs as well as docks to go with them? 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 84
Message 2 of 3

Re: Which Thinkpad T series laptops would be best equipped to handle two external monitors?

The answer depends on what you are trying to do.  Are you looking to duplicate the LCD on 2 other devices?  Are you trying to make something with a triple-wide display?  Have different, unrelated things on each?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Guru
Views: 72
Message 3 of 3

Re: Which Thinkpad T series laptops would be best equipped to handle two external monitors?

@amast wrote:

I currently have a T430 which is an absolute beast and solid as a rock. However, it is a nightmare for external monitors. I have a Lenovo LEN LS2223wC monitor and Lenovo LT1952p monitor that I would like to use as external monitors. Both monitors run on HD 4000. I run Windows 10 operating system.

If you had two monitors which have the same display parameters, then they should work with Intel HD 4000. This iGPU have only two pixel clocks. First clock is normally used by internal display, leaving only one for two screens. DisplayPort is able to share pixel clock for two monitors, but monitors must have the same display parameters (both must be connected using digital interface - DP, HDMI or DVI).

Regarding your question, according to docking station guide most of devices starting from xx40 generation should support three independent displays using ThinkPad Ultra docking station (40A2). I personally had T440p with 40A2 dock and did not had any issue to connect two external displays. As this device is really similar to T430 in terms of upgradeability, then maybe you could check it?

------

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors