Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 7,094
Message 71 of 152

Re: Who would like a 15 inch ThinkPad that has a centered keyboard and trackpad (no number pad)

Thank you for sharing your opinons!  At Lenovo, we hear your requests and I am quite sure that people in this thread will be very happy soon!  Stay tuned later in 2018, we have an EXTREMELY nice thinkpad coming your way!

ThinkpadAllWay
Paper Tape
Views: 7,073
Message 72 of 152

Re: Who would like a 15 inch ThinkPad that has a centered keyboard and trackpad (no number pad)

Thankyou so much...am so looking forward to moving our company back to 15 inch thinkpads. 

Former Employee
Views: 7,060
Message 73 of 152

Thank you Jon,  I could not say anything about this, but I am glad you did.

spolikar
Paper Tape
Views: 5,027
Message 74 of 152

These are very good news!

Please Please let  me know when should I expect this new product to be presented/launched ?

My current lenovo laptop (yoga 13, the very first yoga) is diying and I am in search for a new one. Ideally it would be relatively light 15 inch machine with centered keyboard and *at least optionally) without dedicated graphics chip.

However there are no new thinkpad models satisfying this requirement so I am looking towards dell xps 15 or T480 now.

I wish the new thinkpad to have 15 inch screen options: 1080P touch/non-touch; 1440P touch/non-touch and 2160P touch/non-touch. I would go for 1440P touch but I feel all of these options will have their customer.

If the model you are talking about will be released in a ~month or two, it is worth to wait, otherwise I should buy xps 15 or T480, just to have a laptop to do my work.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. and yes - I just registered to this forum , to ask this question and support community's interest in such a device.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,954
Message 75 of 152

Spolikar, if you need a new machine in the next 1-2 months, I recommend the the T580 or P series WS. You will need to wait just little bit longer for the PC I referenced above.
spolikar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,951
Message 76 of 152

Dear Jon,

Those have off-center keyboard which is absolutely no-go for me. I have been forced to use such a laptop for several weeks and I did not even get close to become used to it.

Thank you for your reply, anyway!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,935
Message 77 of 152

I understand your perspective completely.  We have to balance usability & fucnction with asthetics for all of our customers.  It is a tough balance and we do our best to accomodate as many customers as we can.  Thank you for your understanding!

mareluce
HDMI
Views: 4,922
Message 78 of 152

Jon_P thanks so much for letting us know about this.

I don't have a desperate current need for a new laptop.  However, I would immediately buy it to have a 15" or 17" Thinkpad that:

- has a centered keyboard and trackpad (i.e. NO number pad)

- has great specs like the T580 or P52s  (I haven't researched the differences enough to decide which of those 2 I'd prefer)

The numpad just creates too much visual complexity and choices.  It's easy to accidentally toggle the INS number key and start typing the wrong thing.  etc...

Godspeed to you! :-)

wjyoung
Punch Card
Views: 4,683
Message 79 of 152

Just a quick note to voice an interest in this also. Currently in the market for a 15 inch ThinkPad with centered keyboard, no numpad. Of course other items like display, weight, key travel, etc factor in. Looking forward to more news.

kktss
Paper Tape
Views: 4,641
Message 80 of 152

Please bring back the 7 row keyboard along with it! There is enough space for large trackpad (I prefer trackpad to be small) and centered keyboard on 15 inch!

Top Kudoed Authors