Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 7,798
Message 71 of 158

Re: Who would like a 15 inch ThinkPad that has a centered keyboard and trackpad (no number pad)

Thank you for sharing your opinons!  At Lenovo, we hear your requests and I am quite sure that people in this thread will be very happy soon!  Stay tuned later in 2018, we have an EXTREMELY nice thinkpad coming your way!

ThinkpadAllWay
Paper Tape
Views: 7,777
Message 72 of 158

Re: Who would like a 15 inch ThinkPad that has a centered keyboard and trackpad (no number pad)

Thankyou so much...am so looking forward to moving our company back to 15 inch thinkpads. 

Former Employee
Views: 7,764
Message 73 of 158

Thank you Jon,  I could not say anything about this, but I am glad you did.

spolikar
Paper Tape
Views: 5,731
Message 74 of 158

These are very good news!

Please Please let  me know when should I expect this new product to be presented/launched ?

My current lenovo laptop (yoga 13, the very first yoga) is diying and I am in search for a new one. Ideally it would be relatively light 15 inch machine with centered keyboard and *at least optionally) without dedicated graphics chip.

However there are no new thinkpad models satisfying this requirement so I am looking towards dell xps 15 or T480 now.

I wish the new thinkpad to have 15 inch screen options: 1080P touch/non-touch; 1440P touch/non-touch and 2160P touch/non-touch. I would go for 1440P touch but I feel all of these options will have their customer.

If the model you are talking about will be released in a ~month or two, it is worth to wait, otherwise I should buy xps 15 or T480, just to have a laptop to do my work.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. and yes - I just registered to this forum , to ask this question and support community's interest in such a device.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 5,658
Message 75 of 158

Spolikar, if you need a new machine in the next 1-2 months, I recommend the the T580 or P series WS. You will need to wait just little bit longer for the PC I referenced above.
spolikar
Paper Tape
Views: 5,655
Message 76 of 158

Dear Jon,

Those have off-center keyboard which is absolutely no-go for me. I have been forced to use such a laptop for several weeks and I did not even get close to become used to it.

Thank you for your reply, anyway!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 5,639
Message 77 of 158

I understand your perspective completely.  We have to balance usability & fucnction with asthetics for all of our customers.  It is a tough balance and we do our best to accomodate as many customers as we can.  Thank you for your understanding!

mareluce
HDMI
Views: 5,626
Message 78 of 158

Jon_P thanks so much for letting us know about this.

I don't have a desperate current need for a new laptop.  However, I would immediately buy it to have a 15" or 17" Thinkpad that:

- has a centered keyboard and trackpad (i.e. NO number pad)

- has great specs like the T580 or P52s  (I haven't researched the differences enough to decide which of those 2 I'd prefer)

The numpad just creates too much visual complexity and choices.  It's easy to accidentally toggle the INS number key and start typing the wrong thing.  etc...

Godspeed to you! :-)

wjyoung
Punch Card
Views: 5,387
Message 79 of 158

Just a quick note to voice an interest in this also. Currently in the market for a 15 inch ThinkPad with centered keyboard, no numpad. Of course other items like display, weight, key travel, etc factor in. Looking forward to more news.

kktss
Paper Tape
Views: 5,345
Message 80 of 158

Please bring back the 7 row keyboard along with it! There is enough space for large trackpad (I prefer trackpad to be small) and centered keyboard on 15 inch!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors