Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kkennell
Not applicable
Views: 653
Message 1 of 4

Why did I buy an extended warranty?

I went to the library this week to do a little pre semester work before my final year of law school. I brought along my, seemingly, trustworthy T500. When I finished up in the library I closed my thinkpad's monitor and the metal hinge in the lower left hand corner (interior portion) froze up and caused the plastic housing of the t500 and certain interior structural pieces to crack. This computer has been treated like a king, so I called up lenovo support and put in a warranty repair request (as the title stipulates I purchased the 3year warranty).

Today I get a call from lenovo support saying that this damage is my fault, and it will cost 300+ to repair it. Yes, magically I managed to somehow get into the interior components of my monitor and freeze them up, because there is nothing I want more then a giant square paperweight on which I cannot do any work. When pressed for the criteria on how they determined it was a problem supposedly caused by me, they would not tell me.

The lack of service I have received from lenovo concerning this issue is beyond disappointing. This is the type of service that leads an individual like myself to boycott a company, and as the go to IT guy for many of my friends, you can be assured that my trials and tribulations will be made known to them the next time they wish to purchase a machine.

Feeling screwed in Florida
Tsunade_Hime
Not applicable
Views: 620
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why did I buy an extended warranty?

Extended depot warranty does not cover physical damage. Do you have pictures of the damage?

ThinkPad Z61t - T7200|3 GB|GMA 950|640 GB MomentusLP|WXGA|XP Pro X 2 (2nd one has 750 GB Scorpio Black)
ThinkPad T60 - T2400|3 GB|GMA 950|500 GB Scorpio Black|SXGA+|XP Pro
ThinkPad X200t - SL9400|4 GB|X4500|Intel X25-M 80 GB G1|WXGA|XP Tablet
Iucounu
Not applicable
Views: 334
Message 3 of 4

I don't think you read the OP's post.  According to him/her, the laptop broke when it was closed during normal use.

Serge1410
Not applicable
Views: 294
Message 4 of 4

hey Kkennell

could you pm the following to me

Moderator Note: Please note that PMs are disabled for the time being due to a technical problem with the commercial forum software.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors