cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DANPHO
Blue Screen Again
Views: 206
Message 1 of 3

Why is the wireless adapter of my T440p weaker than that of my T61p?

My T440p wireless adapter cannot well connect to weak or normal signal. I sent it back to fix it. However, little improved. Any suggestion? Same signal, my old T61p can well connect to the same weak or normal signal without any disconnection. However, T440p has this problems time to time.

T440p has been upgraded to Windows10. This issue exists all time.

T61p has been upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 pro.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 155
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why is the wireless adapter of my T440p weaker than that of my T61p?

There are many possibilities.  If you have a dual-band router, they could be trying to connect at different frequencies (T61p is single frequency).  I have seen cases where machines with 15" cases get better reception than 14" ones.  I don't know why, and the 2 wires are supposed to be primary and AUX, but I have seen it happen.  You might try a different channel on the router.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
DANPHO
Blue Screen Again
Views: 116
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why is the wireless adapter of my T440p weaker than that of my T61p?

Thank you for your response. In fact, all my laptops are dual bands. T61p is much better than T440p in which I customized this wireless adapter. Unfortunately, feel very disappointed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors