Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCoriale
What's DOS?
Views: 1,090
Message 1 of 2

WiFi staying connected after changing WiFi password

This is the exact opposite of most WiFi issues. I have two guest networks set up on my wireless router (Asus RT-68U), one for each of my daughters. I change the password daily in order to make them earn the password with chores after school. My older daughter's T450 refuses to stop connecting to the WiFi, even persisting through reboots. MAC address filtering fails, as does turning off internet access to her MAC/IP combination. After changing the password or enabling one of the more strict rules, eventually, randomly, her laptop will finally decide to stop accessing her WiFi connection.

I am fairly certain it is something with the Lenovo as I have two other laptops, one Asus and one HP that both respond as I would expect to a WiFi password change.

Any ideas as to why this happens with the Lenovo?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,072
Message 2 of 2

Re: WiFi staying connected after changing WiFi password

The first thing to determine is whether the problem is a seting in the laptop or in the wireless network.  Try giving the older daughter access to the younger daughter's network and vice versa one day. 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors