Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

08-24-2013

Canada

74 Signins

460 Page Views

• Views: 460
  • Message 1 of 2

Will upgrading to ssd on t530 void my warranty?

2013-09-27, 9:30 AM
Hello Lenovo discussions.

I recently ordered a crucial m500 for my new t530, still under warranty. Will the new ssd void the warranty I have?

Thanks
Answer
Options

3893 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12624 Signins

182806 Page Views

• Views: 182806

Re: Will upgrading to ssd on t530 void my warranty?

2013-09-27, 15:08 PM

wrote:
Will the new ssd void the warranty I have?

Not at all. Just follow the procedure in the User's Guide.

Incidentally, you can replace/upgrade any of the parts (RAM, HDD, battery, etc.) described in the UG without affecting the warranty. The parts don't have to be from Lenovo providing they have the same or better specifications as the parts that came with your ThinkPad.

Of course any non-Lenovo parts won't be covered under your ThinkPad warranty. If you upgrade, say from HDD to SDD, it's a good idea to keep the old, Lenovo part around in case you run into system problems in the future. That way you can put the original part back into the system to determine if the cause of the problem is with the replaced part or elsewhere in the system.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

3893 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12624 Signins

182806 Page Views

• Views: 182806
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Will upgrading to ssd on t530 void my warranty?

2013-09-27, 15:08 PM

wrote:
Will the new ssd void the warranty I have?

Not at all. Just follow the procedure in the User's Guide.

Incidentally, you can replace/upgrade any of the parts (RAM, HDD, battery, etc.) described in the UG without affecting the warranty. The parts don't have to be from Lenovo providing they have the same or better specifications as the parts that came with your ThinkPad.

Of course any non-Lenovo parts won't be covered under your ThinkPad warranty. If you upgrade, say from HDD to SDD, it's a good idea to keep the old, Lenovo part around in case you run into system problems in the future. That way you can put the original part back into the system to determine if the cause of the problem is with the replaced part or elsewhere in the system.

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms